a newbie

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

almoo

Junior
Reaction score
hello wine fellas

i very new when it comes to wine making!
and i did see a video in youtube an easy way to make some but the thing is:
1. its illegal to drink any kind of alcohols in here.
2. i cant find the materials to make one such as airlock, hydrometer, etc.

so i found this video below and i tried to follow it as i possible, so please guide me

What kind of equipment DO you have? The more info you can give the better you will be helped. And we can make sure your not gonna end up with some nasty ‘prison hooch’!

equipments:
1.draid yeast.
2.plastic bottle.
thats it

i wanna know "how should i know im doing it in the wrong way?!"
if thats mean anything!

i only followed the simple instructions in the video and thats it, i hope i gave clear info.

peace20180703_223753.jpg

That should all work. Would be better with less air space. But still ok. Instead of leaving lid screwed on you can put a balloon on top instead too.
As balloon expands just let co2 out and deflate as needed. Otherwise you risk that bottle exploding on you.
And air contact during fermentation is not bad. So don’t fear air exposure.
But- don’t end it when video says to! A couple more steps will make a huge difference!
A week or 2 after you see no more visible activity it’s technically wine- but likely too new to drink. You’ll have a bunch of gunk sitting on the bottom. You wanna get rid of that buy pouring wine into new bottle leaving behind the thick gunk on the bottom.
The new bottle you pour into you wanna make sure is the right size for the amount of wine. Needs to be filled up almost to top! No more airspace anynore since no more co2 is being produced to protect it.
So a new bottle filled near the top- seal it with a balloon again. (Not producing co2 anynore but there will still be co2 escaping that was formed during fermentation).
At that point let it go for a few weeks more and you’ll notice a big improvement. The longer you wait the better it will taste.
If it tastes nasty then you can add a touch of sugar. Backsweetening later on can sometimes transform something nasty into something very tasty.

I get the impression he's not talking about a country but rather a temporary location where how long you stay depends, for some, on how well you behave.

I’d hate to live in your country. Drinking alcohol is illegal?? Without alcohol your native population will just die off. Need alcohol to make babies! Nobody dances without alcohol either. Or tells their friends how much they love them.

TELL me about it!! lol
dude u really dont know what we're going through.

anyway so u mean i have to put it into another bottle after a week? to be honest i made it in the 29th of june so its like 5 days, so i have to wait for 10 days more to do what u suggested and close it without any space for air and store it again?! how about testing the taste? is it ok?

I get the impression he's not talking about a country but rather a temporary location where how long you stay depends, for some, on how well you behave.
as matter of fact im actually mean a real country lol

its ******** and being in this forum is a risk for getting caught and sent straight to jail

i guess than i will have the opportunity to make a 'prison hooch'

Last edited by a moderator:
guys is it me or something wrong with uts texture??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180704-164613.png
    Screenshot_20180704-164613.png
    980.2 KB · Views: 42
Given the circumstances - just wait until you don’t see any more fermentation activity at all. After 5 days your probably close to that point.
You can taste test any time you want. But yeah, when it’s done fermenting, if you were to put it in a smaller bottle so it was filled up with no air space- leaving behind the sediment in the first bottle- it will continue to clear (right now it’s just cloudy). The longer you wait the clearer it will get. And the better it will taste.
You should take sips throughout to monitor the progress I think.

I was hoping you were right. I think it would be interesting to help somebody in the pokey make some prison hooch while they use a smuggled phone. One day hopefully.

Given the circumstances - just wait until you don’t see any more fermentation activity at all. After 5 days your probably close to that point.
You can taste test any time you want. But yeah, when it’s done fermenting, if you were to put it in a smaller bottle so it was filled up with no air space- leaving behind the sediment in the first bottle- it will continue to clear (right now it’s just cloudy). The longer you wait the clearer it will get. And the better it will taste.
You should take sips throughout to monitor the progress I think.

thanks dude u really did me a favor✌

thanks guys

still save and sound lol

i did drink the wine and it seems have a lot of alcohol (does it should taste like that?) and no sweet taste! so improvised a mix! lol i took some fruit juice tryin to make sangria to adjust the taste and it become acceptable! and between you and me it was all an experiment because i was afraid to make some kind of poison so i made a small amount and it went good till now.

anyway now im trying to do the real deal
i bought 12 liters of grape juice and with my humble experience i measured the suger to 3.75 kg now the question is how many spoon for the dry yeast? and instead balloon i will use a condom ma friend said its better and saver lol

i need your guidness my fellas

Last edited:
Good luck. Sugar, yeast, time and the right environment and you will have alcohol.

yeah but i need the amount for the yeast?!
the last time i used half spoon for two litres of grape juice! so how many spoons for the 14 litres?

Latest posts

Back