A new carboy is so pretty!!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
I collected some unexpected money from a job day before yesterday,,, and splurged for a new 6 gallon Italian carboy.
I can't believe how good it looks sitting there empty, waiting for my loquat..
I wish I could have bought it's twin sister too.
Is it possible to have a glass fetish?

It's okay as long as you don't sleep with it. I do talk to mine, but only when their full.

The carboy or the ladies?????????????:)

Mine are all ladies. Nothing like surrounding yourself with them during fermentation. Kick back, close your eyes, listen to them babbling and smelling the aroma of vino! They'll never accuse me of selective listening. I heard every thing they said and I told each one of them how beautiful they were and I loved their color! Heck I even look forward to PFS.

Mine must be all ladies now, but tere was a pretty good mix of men to women ratio back when I started and when I shut off the lights in my cellar they would do it and Id go back in a few days later to new carboys. They would just keep on multiplying!

You just gotta have thn right wines in there. Every time I had some Blak Currant and mead in there they would get it on! Id usually hear some Barry white music coming from down there!

Wade, id LOVE to know how to make mine multiply!!! do tell!

Up the yeast a little. Use glass carboys instead of the plastic. Its more ridgid. Oh yeah one more secret between us and please do not share this.....
...Remove the protection (airlock) just for the evening for breeding purposes. Also must be a full moon.

I have to admit.. You guys and ladies are even a little bit more crazy than the ones on the goldwing forum I belong to.
Must be wine affects you more than gas and oil. :)

Back