A little of a lot..

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dirtydog420

Reaction score
I have:
4 lbs 7oz mixed red/white concord grapes
1 lbs 1oz blueberries
2 lbs 7oz clementines
3 lbs 12oz watermelon
3 lbs 8oz mixed honey dew and cantaloupe
2 lbs 4oz pineapple
11oz kiwi
2 lbs 5oz strawberries
1 lbs 5oz apples

What should I do? Dont really have money for more fruit...

My thought, was to make some 22% plain 'wine' and infuse the fruit..

Now, you have raised even more quesitons with me! What is plain wine? My first guess would be inverted sugar with the chemicals/additives (tannin, Y/N, Yeast, etc) and allow it to ferment. Am I close?

I guess blank wine would be a better word.. But very basic, water, sugar, and nutrient, oh and super yeast for the high alcohol.. they can reach 22% alcohol by volume..

it is Water Wine, LOL, I talked djrockinsteve into adding it to his muscadine when he was making it. It is simply, water, yeast, nutirent.

I would add all the fruit except the watermelon into a primary add enough water to make a 3 gallon. start by adding the fruit and peptic enzyme, and I would recommend putting the fruit into a fruit bag, leave that sit 24 hours,

yea mention water wine and the biblical folk perk up. Some juices are too thick and high in acid so by adding water up front or making a water wine and blending can help this wine out.

Yea I made 3 gallons of water wine a few months ago. Interesting!

Anyway the muskadine wine turned out great. Thanks Julie...you're a godsend

Latest posts

Back