A generous gift from my local Mom & Pop store!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myakkagldwngr

Reaction score
Being I had a little cash to budget towards wine stuff, I went shopping for some more chemicals to have on hand.
While there I got talking to the woman at the wine shop and she mentioned that she had a gallon of Elderberry port that was at least a year old and she wasn't sure what to do with.
She said she would probably never drink it, so she might just dump it out. She offered me a taste to see what I thought of it.
After I had the taste I told her it was much better than what I had made, because I made the mistake of not backsweetening mine.
Well, long story short, she gave me the gallon of wine.
Guess what I'll have tonight for dinner?

LOL @ company. Now if you dont.. thats alot of wine for 1 person...

I hope you have some food with that gallon of wine for dinner, will make for one long day tomorrow if not....

That's pretty cool of them.

I can normally manage a bottle of wine, by myself. Much to my wife's aggravation.
But, no. A gallon would be way too much. I went ahead and rebottled it into 750ml's to get her the gallon bottle back.

Being I had a little cash to budget towards wine stuff, I went shopping for some more chemicals to have on hand.
While there I got talking to the woman at the wine shop and she mentioned that she had a gallon of Elderberry port that was at least a year old and she wasn't sure what to do with.
She said she would probably never drink it, so she might just dump it out. She offered me a taste to see what I thought of it.
After I had the taste I told her it was much better than what I had made, because I made the mistake of not backsweetening mine.
Well, long story short, she gave me the gallon of wine.
Guess what I'll have tonight for dinner?

I'm guessing the beginning of a hangover you'll be getting tomorrow morning... hehehe...

awesome score darl!!

I hope you are enjoying a glass right now...

Allie

I'm a bit concerned he's missing now...

Hopefully he didn't attempt drinking the entire gallon?

Allie

Latest posts

Back