Quantcast

a couple of thoughts

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

larry

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
First let me say that i really enjoy this forum far more than the others. The people here are kind very helpful to us newbies and some are even witty.They don't make people feel stupid. To all that have helped me so far a big thank you. How about a chat room.Something that could at times provide a quicker answer. And second thought,how about a place where there is how-to video's. Thats all.Thank you

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I'd like to see a how to video section also, but I think it is amatter of server space.

BobF

Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to see a how to video section also, but I think it is amatter of server space.
It should be easy enough to add a video forum where people post descriptions and links to youtube videos.

In fact, there are already a bunch of wine making videos on youtube.

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
As far as Chat, Youre not going to get a faster answer that way, and you could pm each other. As for the Videos, a how to area can e created but whos going to do the videos cause I dont have a camcorder!

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
I was thinking something similar to wolf, even if we could refer each other to videos would be one thing, but to actually having them stored on THIS server could be a problem as far as space is concerned. But even to have a spot where links to some of these videos are stored is another story.

There are alot of them out there and I encourage everyone to share there how to videoes by providing a link to that site. You can RIGHT click on the URL in your browser, click copy, and then when you come back into the forum, in your post you can right click again, and choose PASTE, a link to your favorite video, or text, or website will appear in the post, after clicking submit, that link will appear in the post as a "hyper link" and anyone can click on it and be directed to that site video, etc., without a problem.

best we can do for now.

(we have to share what we can, noone in here made anything up, we all learned, and will continue to do so by all of us sharing what we find out there,)
Troy

Wade E

Premium
Reaction score
I think there is most likely plenty of room on the server, but cleaning out your pm's once in awhile does help!we dont need a video for everything like wiping your a$$ though! :)

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
True there Wade! I learned how to make my first wine from www.instructables.com great website for alot of things but knowing what I know now, it is quite hilarious. Check out this site anyway.

You tube also offers plenty of videos about wine making and beer making also.

And as someone just said use your search engine to find lots of videoes, but I agree with Wade, this could turn into a monkey FK soon and we would be overwhelmed.

My advice is that if someone posts a link to a site, a video, a calculator etc. Visit the link, and book makrk it if you want. Create a folder in your computer where you can keep all of these things togeteher.

I hope everyone continues to share the sites. etc. they have visited and also online suppliers. These type of suggestions are what make "netwoking" what it is!

Troy

larry

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I understand and as i said,just a couple of thoughts.I didn't mean for certain people to make the videos.Like Runningwolf did,posting a link.There are alot of videos out there but most deal with kits and not fruit wine making.But no matter this is a great site with great people:b

arcticsid

Arctic Contributor
Reaction score
theres alot of great videos out there Larry, but like I said, if someone sends one in here, it is probably a link, visit it and if you want it, create a shortcut and bookmark it in your own folder. Did you see the one on how to remove a cork from inside a bottle? It is flippin hilarious, but it works. I tried it just so I had the right to comment. if you haven't seen it, say so, someone will find it for you or I will locate it. It's pretty cool! I think Wade brought it up, but I seen it somewhere else, probably You Tube.

There are actually a zillion videos and sites dealing with home brewing, so to have an actual space in this forum would be a nightmare to maintain and keep updated, but I encourage everyone to share what they find and then if the individual member wants to go back to it, they can bookmark it themselves.

Is there anything in particular you were thinking of as far as an "HOW TO" video goes? there are alot and I am willing to bet someone in here could refer you to something. There were just a bunch of links in here not to long ago dealing with degassing.

Take care.
Troy

Last edited:

smurfe

Reaction score
Server space is no issue. Bandwidth would be another story. Most sites have way more space than they need but not the bandwidth. Forum posts use little bandwidth while streaming video is a real hog. While Wade, Allie and I administrate the forums, we only have access to the forum software. We don't have access to the server so a lot of this stuff isn't always possible from our end. It is something really worth looking into though and Wade and I are looking into it.