A busy Sunday bottling

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the feeling of the wine finally in the bottle. So much work to get the wine and bottles, and people and my sh*t together! Good job!

Don't you just love bottling day, So many bottles not enough days to drink them. Enjoy, Bakervinyard

All I can think of is man what a bunch of work. Best part of it is no more bottles to clean for a while now. Arne.

Wow, nice work. Wish I was closer to Florida.

A good day bottling is topped only by a better day emptying!!!! "Rack 'em Dano"!!

Don't you just love bottling day, So many bottles not enough days to drink them. Enjoy, Bakervinyard

Actually, for me, bottling days are much less social than crush. It is a much more "heads-down" activity and I view bottling as freeing up equipment for the next crush.

Its not that I do not enjoy bottling, it is just that I enjoy crush so much more.

Actually, for me, bottling days are much less social than crush. It is a much more "heads-down" activity and I view bottling as freeing up equipment for the next crush.

Its not that I do not enjoy bottling, it is just that I enjoy crush so much more.

John, I read your thread on your crush last week. I enjoyed it so much. I had my own mini crush for the first time. When I was going to the LHBS I was like a kid going to the toy store. Getting ready to press them this Friday. Bakervinyard

...follow up pics with Labels firmly in place coming soon??? Cause I KNOW you KNOW a good label guy!

Nice job, someone's got a few carboys to refill.
Mike
Ha ha! Yes... there will be pictures of the labeled bottles. Most of them I already know what designs I'm going with, but I've got some ideas for the rest of them. A liberal use of the word "varietal" since most aren't grape wines, but we bottled a pinot grigio, cab/shiraz blend, zinfandel port, sweet potato, pineapple, 2 meads, mixed fruit, and a faux sherry

Thanks for all the comments! I have to agree that bottling isn't the most enjoyable part of wine making, but there is that sense of accomplishment knowing "OK...I'm done!" Most have been bulk aging for a while, so we'll only have to wait a year or so to really start enjoying them. Now that we have so much we can settle down our production to a more sustainable level.

John, I read your thread on your crush last week. I enjoyed it so much. I had my own mini crush for the first time. When I was going to the LHBS I was like a kid going to the toy store. Getting ready to press them this Friday. Bakervinyard

Great news bakervinyard! Sounds like you are starting some traditons. I must make you an honorary Hungarian!

Latest posts

Back