A bit off topic but still winery related

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grapeman

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Friends and colleagues
I am reaching out to you today to personally invite you to help crowdfund a project I am working on here at Hid-In-Pines Vineyard. Normally I would never ask for your help and instead am proud to offer help to you in either winemaking or grape growing however a couple years ago I began an expansion building project of the tasting room. Maybe you have seen some pictures from time to time on here. I hope to soon be able to host larger groups in the new space. This will allow us to serve private groups for showers, birthday parties and a host of fundraising events for causes such as Relay-For-Life and Cancer bGone. They have helped me deal with living with Lymphoma and I want to continue giving back to them and others. Because of the continuing battle with Lymphoma (currently in remission and hope to stay so for a long time), commercial loans have been very hard (impossible) to obtain. There just hasn’t been enough money to finish it off for these expanded uses and possibilities. I am therefore happy to announce that Hid-In-Pines Vineyard is crowdfunding a 0% interest loan on Kiva. Kiva is the first and largest micro-lending service in the world that has distributed $709 million over 10 years, in 85 different countries, among 1.5 million small businesses.
I have moved into the general fundraising period, during which I had 30 days to get enough lenders to reach my goal of $7200 (down to less than 2 weeks now). The funds from this loan will go towards finishing off the winery Tasting Room. I need to level the floor up and tile it. The trim work needs staining and installing. The loan will also help purchase and install the fixtures and tile the floor for a restroom. With the expanded use we also need to upgrade the waste system. Once these upgrades are done we will be able to host all sorts of events instead of having to turn them away because there wasn’t enough room.
I would like to ask you to lend as little as $25 (which you will get back!) to reach my goal. If you would like to support Richard Lamoy and Hid-In-Pines Vineyard, please follow this link to my profile page https://www.kiva.org/lend/1243479 . This is the only way your loan will be tracked as coming through me. Thanks for your support, I am honestly so grateful!
Sincerely,

Rich
Grapeman

More than happy to help with the cause Rich. Thanks for all your expert advice over the years!

Thanks to both of you. I thought it might be you Paul that showed up but the link on my end was broken so I couldn't be sure. Thanks again to you Mike! I have had another couple from the forum help out and Thank you also guys. You know who you are and so do I!

Can't you just take PayPal and not make me sign up for some website I really don't want to sign up for?

Can't you just take PayPal and not make me sign up for some website I really don't want to sign up for?

Unfortunately no. The transactions all go through PayPal who does all the processing for nothing. Since it is a loan that is repaid the money goes back through PayPal. The site exists to help people get loans where they normally can't and I never get unwanted mail from them. I have given small loans to friends through Kiva without being pressured at all. Thank you for considering it but if you don't feel comfortable I totally understand.

Things have been moving along with this. Thanks to everybody who has stepped up and to those considering it I appreciate anything you can do. Together we can make it happen!

Unfortunately no. The transactions all go through PayPal who does all the processing for nothing. Since it is a loan that is repaid the money goes back through PayPal. The site exists to help people get loans where they normally can't and I never get unwanted mail from them. I have given small loans to friends through Kiva without being pressured at all. Thank you for considering it but if you don't feel comfortable I totally understand.

No problem...Just loaned.

Thank You John. I have had some very supportive members here in getting closer to my goals. Hmmm. I wonder.? I see you posted here at about the same time as I had somebody named John did the Kiva thing. If I ever miss thanking anybody I don't mean to. I was with my MIL this morning since we were at the Cataract center for her at 7:45 and I just got home since I needed to be a responsible adult until her daughter relieved me (my dear wife).

A big Thank You to everyone who has stepped up. This is 70 percent funded now and there are 9 days left. I'm hoping for this to go all the way so I can get back to work on it! Thanks

Good luck reaching your goals, hope this helps too. Post lots of pictures of the progress for all to see.

TXWineDuo
John

Good luck reaching your goals, hope this helps too. Post lots of pictures of the progress for all to see.

TXWineDuo
John

Great idea John. I have been posting some as I go along on my Facebook page for Hid-In-Pines Vineyard but I can begin a thread here soon when I get a bit of time. Thanks

Here is a bit of an update for everybody. Since I first posted this a bit less than a week ago I have gotten closer to my loan goal of $7200. I am currently down to $1525 needed to actually get the proceeds otherwise they go back to everybody. I appreciate all the help given so far and if anyone is still out there wanting to help now is the time.

Here is a couple pictures of work in the Tasting Room I had begun before starting the Kiva drive to give you a sense of what I am starting to do

I was at our local Irish Festival yesterday with my son Joe sampling and selling our wines. Man it was cold in that building. It was so cold that the guys selling beer and cider had their lines freeze up before it began and they were standing around holding the tubing trying to thaw them out. The underside of the roof had frost built up on it and it was 4PM before it was thawed off.

TastingRoom 007.jpg

TastingRoom 012.jpg

TastingRoomRemodel 103.jpg

Latest posts

Back