"99 Bottles of wine on the wall"

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedvine

Tony (Twisted Vine)
Reaction score
Just for fun, how many bottles of wine do you currently have at home?

I will start, being new to wine making, I am a little embarrassed to say that I currently only have about 38 bottles of wine at home right now.

Oh GEE!!
I cant count that high!
at least 1500 + 120 gallons aging
Look at my Sig...

I could win this easy if you asked, "how many wine bottles do you have?"
:h

Yea butt, they are empty! Wait till Leanne gets there she can help U make more!

BTW How many EMPTIES do you have? Better yet WHAT R U gonna do with them !

Make more bottles?

I am just wondering how bad it will hurt hen she starts beatng me with them

Thats alot of beatings bro.

Only about a dozen at this point. That's going to increase though, especially after I stock up on new equipment to start doing the 4-week kits. I never really was too interested in the kits until coming here and learning how you can quickly build up an inventory with the 4-week kits.:h

Not as many as Tom but he is my idol. Currently about 300 plus around 70 gallons to bottle in Aug/sept.

Currently I have the equivalent of 72 - 750 ml bottles in bottles (some are 1.5 ltr). I have 25 gallons in carboys now and about 2 1/2 gallons of Skeeter Pee in jugs.

I gave up counting a long time ago after the 10th kit. probably between 600-700 and about 60 gallons aging. Wine has been going fast as I am going to cetain parties I have been taking a case each time. Some as a gift and the rest to drink.

How many of you have a special rack or space for wine to give first. You know you're going to a party and you're trying to get rid of a certain batch because it's not your favorite. Top of my list to give away was watermelon and strawberry. That was untill I tried mixing some strawberry with rhubarb and holy crap was that good!

Im working on it but I got 80 right now... Got about 80 to 100 more over 3 to 6/8 months...

OK Tom... were all those wine bottles bought new at one time or did you collect slightly used ones over a few years?

I'm working at collecting the slightly used ones and am up to about 500 :slp.

I have around 2800 bottles full of wine give or take a couple hundred. I'm gonna have to sell a bunch of grapes this year if I don't get that license in time this year. After a few years of making my 200 gallons a year I have a bit of a stockpile. My production will about quadruple this year.

For the ones you want to give away, replace the labels and replace them with som that show it was bottled 15 yrs ago.

Befoe you present them, roll em around in the dirt. They will tink they are getting something special.

Then you can go home, drink some of the really good stuff knowing they are just as happy..

"Wow honey, can you believe Dan gave us some of this 15 YO wine?"

LOL

Four! Four! I have four bottles left. I am new to this hobby and struggling to keep the wine I bottled in the bottle. Between my family, friends and myself I am struggling to keep any wine at all. I have 18 gallons going now and I am picking up another 6 next week. I need to start working on doing24 gallons a couple of times a year.

Well we have about 84 fifths, 14 Magnums,about 40 fifths of Maderia. Three gallons in the Estufa and 25 gallons in the process.
I have been filling a Magnum from each of our batches and putting them away for long term aging. Out of site and out of mind.
Brad

Very jealous of those that have so many...

Troy, LMFAO, I love that idea (older labels/rolling in dirt)...

Just under 1000 in my cellar, abot 73 gallons in carboys, and 3 bers on tap and 1 sparkling wine on tap.

Well I have 100+ full cases in my cellar and the rest on 4 large wine racks.

Latest posts

Back