$850 Gift Certificate to Wine.com

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They carry a huge assortment so buy what you like to drink! Mix it up with some early drinkers as well as some that need to lay down for a few years. I am gussying you swapped CC points for this?

They carry a huge assortment so buy what you like to drink! Mix it up with some early drinkers as well as some that need to lay down for a few years. I am gussying you swapped CC points for this?
That's a good idea. I definitely want to buy some that have aging potential, perhaps even some that might turn into good investments. Is it common that a bottle of wine increases in value over time or is it rare and you have to buy specific brands? What would I look for if I wanted to buy some "investment grade" wine? I know the cork has to be really high quality so it lasts, but how can you tell?

I've been saving up these points from work that we can exchange for gift cards. Finally decided to use them all on wine. :D

You'll get more bang for your buck from WA State. I see your IP is close to Napa. Good wine but overpriced IMHO. Look at the scores provided on the website as well as the drinking windows. I like the wines from Paso Robles as they offer good value and great wines at 50% off Napa prices. I just got a coupon in the mail from wine dot com for $100 off a $300 order so they are trying hard to pull an order out of my wallet. Might just jump on it.

You'll get more bang for your buck from WA State. I see your IP is close to Napa. Good wine but overpriced IMHO. Look at the scores provided on the website as well as the drinking windows. I like the wines from Paso Robles as they offer good value and great wines at 50% off Napa prices. I just got a coupon in the mail from wine dot com for $100 off a $300 order so they are trying hard to pull an order out of my wallet. Might just jump on it.
Thanks, I'll check out some WA and Paso Robles wines. I heard Willamette Valley in Oregon is up and coming for Pinot Noir too. It would be cool to buy some wines from up and coming areas like this.

Oregon is well established for Pinot Noir these days. Its VERY different that Cali PN but the good ones are indeed very special. By all means grab bottle or two. Like any other PN quality goes up with the bottle price.

Thanks, I'll check out some WA and Paso Robles wines. I heard Willamette Valley in Oregon is up and coming for Pinot Noir too. It would be cool to buy some wines from up and coming areas like this.

Agree with Mike, that Willamette is not up and coming, it has arrived. As Mike says, it is very different than Cali; to be more specific, it is much more in the style of Burgundy.

Back