• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

6 Gallon CARBOYS

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my Barolo kit from the Toy Store yesterday & realized I didn't have any where to put it. [great planing/NO empty carboys] ordered the $30 carboy, hope it comes in 5 days. May have to do a lower temp. fermentation to allow more delivery time. Roy

FTC, you could always ferment to dry in your primary. Many of us do this from time to time. Just leave the top loosely on the fermenter until the SG hits about 1.020-1.030, then install an airlock in the top and snap it down on the fermenter and keep it there until fermentation stops. Works great.

Greg, No, I pull the grape pack before snapping down the cover. One thing I do with grape packs is to squeeze them by hand about twice a day. By the time I get to SG 1.020 or so, they have done their all.

Latest posts

Back