5 o'clock somewhere .... what time do you start?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on how stupid the people I work with are acting. They think I'm joking when I talk about tequila on my Cheerios .... ;)

Generally 4 PM is my start time, but on occasion I'll have a small glass of wine with lunch.

When I first started working, we'd stop at Eddy's (actually a bar) for lunch once a week -- best sausage sandwich in town, and have a couple of pony's with lunch. It was normal to see 1/3 of the people I worked with there -- a mixture of military, federal employees, and contractors. That was a totally different world from today.

BTW, whoever created the graphic doesn't know how to spell Tokyo .... :p

One of the quickest ways to P-me-O is to tell me when I can or can't do something. I generally let the gov tell me what to do because they have more tanks and aircraft carriers than me.

I've had wine before breakfast, while cleaning house, and in the shower. I'm retired and who knows how much time I have. I'm going to enjoy myself.

I like to have adult beverages in the afternoon and at dinner, because it is a nice transition from coffee and tea to wine. In practice, I wait to grab my munchkin from the bus stop if it is windy or rainy. She's in middle school and they get off the bus at 4:25pm. I'm lucky to have one, as some of my friends have 3-4 at different schools with all different pick-up and drop-off times. And there's also the bus-driver shortage, so I need to be ready to roll between 3-4pm. I grab my daughter and her friends in the Jeep when the weather's bad and drop them each off at home.

I usually partake of cooking wine while dinner is being prepared regardless of who is cooking. That is, wine dunk while cooking. I’m more conscious these days of when I stop drinking. I try to have my last glass 1.5-2 hours before bed.
Alcohol may make falling asleep easier, but it can interfere with a restful sleep. I agree on not drinking too close to bed time, or too much.

In Mexico I made it 'till at least noon. Usually around 1 when we went out for lunch. On the rare occasion I'll have a beer with lunch, but it is usually 4 at the earliest.

I have only been back a day and I have the wood stove taken apart to make a new draft control. There was nothing wrong with it. It just needed fixing. 🤣

I could never live a sedentary life like we were in Mexico. I would need to own a place I could work on if I was going to travel somewhere a lot. I was enjoying myself, but only had lunch time margaritas for lack of other purpose!

I usually wait til 5 pm , because I’m done doing anything that requires coordination by then. I never do any work after a drink. As I get older I find it easier to relax in the evening and enjoy my wine.
If I want to get anything done I can't have a drink. I swear, one sip is all it takes to turn me into the laziest man in town.

I usually try to wait till dinner. I'm trying to cut back on my drinking. 375ml bottles help. Now I'm trying to skip days.

I'm not sure my wife is on board since I'm a happy drunk ; )

Latest posts

Back