Quantcast

5 gallon glass carboys

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

baron4406

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Got a few for sale, would like to sell 5 or 6. Great shape! Upgrading to plastic and Speidel tanks. I'm about 30 minutes north of Allentown,Pa, and hour north of Philly, two hours west of NYC

Attachments

baron4406

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Guy price is $20 each less if you take more thanks

baron4406

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt it too heavy and breakable

baron4406

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Not that far I'd say less than an hour. I'm in New Tripoli

Waynorth

Junior
Reaction score
Hi , I am new to wine making so this is all new to me. You said 'Up Grading' to plastic carboys. I was thinking that glass is perferred over plastic. Can you explain? Thank you!

baron4406

Supporting Members
WMT Supporter
Reaction score
Meant upgrading to larger sizes. There are alot of old wives tales in winemaking I see repeated on here. I actually spend alot of time with professional winemakers. Finished wine is alot more resilient than most amateur winemakers give it credit for, so plastic is fine. I don't do long term storage in carboys anymore, just enough for the wine to clear. Then it hits a barrel or bottles. Dispite what you read wine ages fine in bottles as long as you keep the temp consistent. You also get micro-ox from the corks, it was though they leaked slightly but they have found the micro ox comes from oxygen trapped in the cork during manufacture.

Latest posts