5 Gallon Carboy

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruggierm1

Reaction score
Since I have no 6 gallon carboys left, would it be ok to rack into a 5 gallon carboy, and the remainder into a gallon bottle, adding sterilized marbles to reduce headspace? I know it probably is a stupid question, but thanks to you guys I'm learning, thus coming up with new stupid questions.

Since I have no 6 gallon carboys left, would it be ok to rack into a 5 gallon carboy, and the remainder into a gallon bottle, adding sterilized marbles to reduce headspace? I know it probably is a stupid question, but thanks to you guys I'm learning, thus coming up with new stupid questions.
Man that is a horrible problem to have. lol :h
Not enough carboys! This hobby is more about collecting carboys than anything else.:)

Man that is a horrible problem to have. lol :h
Not enough carboys! This hobby is more about collecting carboys than anything else.:)

Your not kidding. The thought of not always having something fermenting is driving me nuts. I just didn't want to buy another carboy if I could use what I have.

A friend of mine who is a UPS driver actually say someone throwing out 4 glass 5 gallon carboys and asked me if I wanted them. HELL YEAH I said. If I can't use them to make wine, then I'll use them to start brewing beer. Now that I know I can use them for wine, than SWMBO will have to get used to more kits around the house. :)

That happened to me once, about the carboys that is, but then I woke up. Dang drunk again lol.:)
I never get that lucky! :mI am always one jug or carboy short for some reason yet to be determined.:?
Steve

That happened to me once, about the carboys that is, but then I woke up. Dang drunk again lol.:)
I never get that lucky! :mI am always one jug or carboy short for some reason yet to be determined.:?
Steve

Now that I know I can use those bad boys......bring on more kits!!!!!!!

Madriver,

I'll be heading to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton sometime this summer. Are you close to that?

I am probably 2 1/2 hours from Canton. It takes me 2 1/2 hrs to get to Cleveland so something similar.

Latest posts

Back