4 kits -- 2 now and 2 later?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IQwine

Semi-Obsessed
Reaction score
I have a kit that will not be available in the next couple of years. It is a red kit so needs aging. My dilemma is --- should I ferment all 4 kits now and bulk age for 9-18 months and then bottle at different times or save two kits to ferment a year from now?

Id ferment them and let them age unless they are low abv wine kits that wont hold up long on the shelf. It would help us better to know which kits these are. If they are big red wine then by all means get them going now!!!!!!!!

They are WE Australian Petit Verdot. So they are a big red.

Quote --> The Wine: Best described as a ‘Super Cabernet’, it makes dark, rich wines, with wonderfully concentrated flavours of spice, blackberry and blackcurrant.
With smooth, gripping tannins and an elegant structure leading to a magnificent boldly oaked finish, this is a wine for long term ageing

I want to enjoy them over the next 2-3-4 yrs. thx

Last edited:
Do all of them now and get more carboys. Good excuse for SWMBO..

already got more carboys, Tom and I blamed it on you....:br
so I have plenty of them that are waiting :tz

Blame me all you want as it just makes YOU more OBSESSED in WINEMAKING !

OK... if I ferment them all now would I bulk age for the same amount of time?

They are all the same?
Then sure..
Then again a little "tasting" will be in order along the aging ...:sm

If you already own the kits then keeping them in concentrated form in silly, nothing good can come of that.....ferment and enjoy.

Now's the time you'd wish you had a big ol barrel to age the whole gang in.

Latest posts

Back