4.30am

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leanne

Fiesty Winer
Reaction score
Does anybody else see these outrageous times of night? I don't mean getting up for work. More, sitting around and watching it pass. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Hate those nights. I always seem to fall asleep 10 mins before the alarm goes off

I recommend 'cherryvite' for insomnia.. tart cherry extract.
ask your local pharmacy to get a bottle in for you..

do check with your doctor if you are on any other medications.. esp as you are pregnant.

You can also use a couple of drops of rescue remedy under the tongue in conjunction with one to two pillules of arnica, it works wonders. And is ok if you are pregnant.

Allie

I recommend 'cherryvite' for insomnia.. tart cherry extract.
ask your local pharmacy to get a bottle in for you..

do check with your doctor if you are on any other medications.. esp as you are pregnant.

You can also use a couple of drops of rescue remedy under the tongue in conjunction with one to two pillules of arnica, it works wonders. And is ok if you are pregnant.

Allie

Thanks for that Allie. I actually do have rescue remedy and arnica in the house. I'll give it a try. Thanks again.:h

Tylenol PM for me....and YES I struggle from time to time with sleepless nights. I blame work stress.

Tylenol is acetaminophen isn't it? We call it paracetomol here. Not recommended in pregnancy really. I must say I was very confused the first time I tried to buy paracetomol in the US though.
I often have sleepless nights. I put mine down to being me. LOL.

Tylenol is acetaminophen isn't it? We call it paracetomol here. Not recommended in pregnancy really. I must say I was very confused the first time I tried to buy paracetomol in the US though.
I often have sleepless nights. I put mine down to being me. LOL.

Yes Tylenol has acetaminophen in it and you need to watch taking anything with acetaminophen and drinking. Three strong drinks with acetaminophen will kill you. Your liver will shut down. And don't take more than what the directions tell you to take. Don't take acetaminophen every three hours if the directiosn tells you every four hours. You will die. We had a 17 year old girl who did not understand that and it is too late for her. She was taking Tylenol every three hours because of back pain for a day and a half, 24 hours later her parents called an ambulance to take her to the hospital, her liver had already started to shut down and everything else followed.

My best pal Dwayne had a brother who was a heavy drinker and was "eating" tylonel for a back pain. Didn't take long, and you can quess the outcome..

Everyone should be damn careful about what they mix with alcohol. I don't like anything in a pill, I hate it. Even common things we may take for granted can be deadly. Just because it is over the counter doesn't make it safe, with or without alcohol.

Do your research. There are plenty of resources on the web to inform you about ANYTHING you take. Prescribed or not!

Please be careful!!!

Leanne is very safe and follows her doctors advice without a question, but she is lucky enough to have a doctor who explains this, but more importantly she listens to her advice.

Last edited:
I know this really doesn't need to be said but be very careful taking anything when pregnant. A little lost sleep is far better than a problem with a new baby. My son Nathan spent first 6 months of life in hospital. We missed a whole lot of sleep

I know this really doesn't need to be said but be very careful taking anything when pregnant. A little lost sleep is far better than a problem with a new baby. My son Nathan spent first 6 months of life in hospital. We missed a whole lot of sleep

Thank you. It does have to be said. I am extremely careful what goes into my body until they come out. These two little boys are completely dependent on me.
How is he now?

If you are having the same sleeplessness tonight, write and tell me how your recent wine tasting event went... the one where you were having friends over to taste some of your own creations.

I am interested in the outcome as I plan on doing the same someday soon.

You may have already reported on it, but I somehow missed it. Who knows, if you give enough details, all that writing may put you to sleep. :sl

Thanks for the reminder Julie. I actually haven't taken Tylenol PM's an awhile as we too have gone to Melatonin.

Works great.

My liver gets enough of a workout without taxing it any further.

Thanks for the reminder Julie. I actually haven't taken Tylenol PM's an awhile as we too have gone to Melatonin.

Works great.

My liver gets enough of a workout without taxing it any further.

Glad to hear that. I know a lot of people just don't bother to read the labels, I was one of those but I have a friend who is a retired medical engineer (not sure on his correct title) he designed a lot of liver machines and told me horror stories of people who died because of not understanding the health issues of Tylenol.

I heard today either a dandelion salad or tea helps keep your liver healthy.

lemon juice in hot water first thing in the morning.. kick starts your liver too..

Latest posts

Back