36 Gallons Bottled!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masta

Reaction score
Bottled 4 batches this morning in addition to 2 last weekend so now I have room to start the 6 kits waiting in the cue! The only issue is that I don't have enough roomin the cellar for all of this and the wife told me to stop ordering more.
smiley7.gif

6 batches ready to rack for bottling:

12 gals of Winexpert World Vineyard California Trinity White
6 gals of Winexpert 2007 Selection LE Australian Grenache/Mourvedre
6 gals of RJ Spagnols Cru Select RQ_2007 Italian Montepulciano-Cabernet-Merlot
6 gals of Mosti Meglioli Limited Edition_2006 Barolo
6 gals of Mosti All Juice Outback Shiraz Mondiale with Raisins

20070616_134706_Carboys_Medium.JPG

Bottles and jugs cleaned, rinsed and ready to be sanitized before filling.

20070616_134838_Empties_Medium.JPG

Bottling and labelingcomplete and ready for what can fit into the cellar.

20070616_135012_Bottles_Full_Me.JPG

Edited by: masta

WOW!!!!!..Does that ever look good, both in the carboys and in the bottles.

All such fine named wines.

Once I ran across a topic and there was photos of your wine cellar....Once you get these in there could you show it to us again...I am sure that some others haven't seen your stash...It was very impressive.

Awesome job as usual Masta. Those are some great kits!

I think I need you to come up here and bottle mine. I just can't seem to find enough time(gee, I'm sure I am the only one with that problem!). I have 3 gallons elderberry, 6 gallons cherry, 6 gallons grape wine(no name on it but very vinifera like), 6 gallons Trinity Red,6 gallons Apple,6 gallons Black Currant. Holy Crap Batman that's 33 gallons ready to bottle! Maybe if I bottle one batch at a time per week..............Oh well it will be well bulk aged
smiley4.gif

Masta, looks great. Hey, I wouldn't do this for just anybody but I do have some room in my cellar if you need a place to put some of that
smiley4.gif

Masta, I am so impressed,
smiley32.gif
your making me feel like im crawling in a 100 meter dash for the Olympics. waaaaaay behind. I need to get my (you know what in gear) and start some kits. I like the square bottom bottles nice touch and the gallon jars.
smiley17.gif

masta, how does your back feel? I'm going to be in the same situation when I'm home in July. I need to do some bottling!

Very nice! I bottle 4 carboys two weeks ago, 2 carboys a week ago and put 6 more kits in primary. 180 more bottles on the shelf! YYYYYYYYUUUUUUUMMMMMMM! Still have 2 3 gal fruit batches to bottle. Great hobby, but somewhat addictive.

appleman said:
Awesome job as usual Masta. Those are some great kits!

I think I need you to come up here and bottle mine. I just can't seem to find enough time(gee, I'm sure I am the only one with that problem!). I have 3 gallons elderberry, 6 gallons cherry, 6 gallons grape wine(no name on it but very vinifera like), 6 gallons Trinity Red,6 gallons Apple,6 gallons Black Currant. Holy Crap Batman that's 33 gallons ready to bottle! Maybe if I bottle one batch at a time per week..............Oh well it will be well bulk aged
smiley4.gif

I'm with ya. I have 4 carboys waiting to be bottled. You are correct about bulk aging. I could of bottled these 6-7 months ago. One of them is a kit I bought last year at Winestock.

Having 6 batches ready to bottle at once is due to not having the time to bottle them sooner but as you all know the bulk aging doesn't hurt and actually can help the wine.

Once all the workin cleaning and prepping the bottles is done the bottling is fairly easy and only took an hour to fill, cork and label 4 batches. I will get these in the cellar this week and take a few shots of the full racks.

I have been making 6 kits a t a time. The cleaning bottles and carboys is a lot of the work as you have stated. The bottling, corking and labeling are the easy part.
Of course the best part is the sampling.
smiley1.gif

Masta, looking good there.... YOu are the envy of the fourm right now.....

I have found that bottling gets easier as my number of bottled wines decreases. When my stash starts to get low, I start bottling.
Nice job, Masta.

George,

I cannot believe that your stash ever gets low. Of course you may feel that anything under 500 bottles is 'low'
smiley1.gif

You'd be surprised how fastwe go through wine and we only drink 1 bottle per day.
smiley5.gif

Besides, isn't less than 500 low?

500 IS low!

At a bottle a day for home consumption, a few dinner parties and gifts
and you don't have quite enough for a year. That means there isn't ANY
bottled wine aging for more than a few months. You must be bulk aging
that Amarone
smiley2.gif

Here are a few pics of the wine cellar after I put in the 36 gallons minus a few that the wife drank already!
smiley36.gif

This side is all 1.5 L bottles (total of218) and almost full....7 bottles short!

20070622_124207_Mags_Medium.JPG

Back wall is for beer storage after ithas reached a good carbonation level.Brewed a batch of OBIPA (Orange Blossom IPA)this morning and have a Bass Ale and Paulaner Hefe-Weizen Ineed to get done shortly to be ready for my tasting party in October.

20070622_124955_Back_Beer_Mediu.JPG

Left side is all 750 ml bottles and roughly 2/3 full so I still have room for the next round. You can only see one side and the door is hiding the other half.

20070622_125643_750_ml_Medium.JPG

Latest posts

Back