350L wine fermentation tub

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Italy107

Junior
Reaction score
How many pounds of grapes or how many crates of grapes can you fit in a 350L tub and a 189L tub?

Interesting...how will you go about fermenting them...? Will you ferment inside these tubs themselves or in smaller carboys etc...? Would love to know more. Secondly, how long will you keep the grapes in this tub..? Pardon my queries...I'm really a newbie here..

Last edited:
Interesting...how will you go about fermenting them...? Will you ferment inside these tubs themselves or in smaller carboys etc...? Would love to know more. Secondly, how long will you keep the grapes in this tub..? Pardon my queries...I'm really a newbie here..

He is fermenting in the tub. He will probably ferment until it's finished (7 to 14 days), then transfer to a barrel

I ferment right in the tubs, this season they were 10 days in the tubs, before going dry .99 S.G. on the hydrometer. I than pump the wine into the Stainless Steel VC tanks and rack the gross lees off after 2 days. We yielded 217 gallons of wine from the 4 tubs.

Attachments

• P1060694.JPG
    P1060694.JPG
    428.4 KB · Views: 28
  • P1060687.JPG
    P1060687.JPG
    424 KB · Views: 32
  • Pressday3.jpg
    Pressday3.jpg
    368.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Pressday6.jpg
    Pressday6.jpg