• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

#35 basket press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mfzona

Supporting Members
Reaction score
#35 grape basket press (13 gallon/52 liter). Rebuilt last season with new oak slats and stainless steel screws. Worked great pressing 400 pounds of grapes this season. Basket is 15" inside diameter and 18"deep. Cast iron drip tray is 13" from the bottom of the legs. Made by Baccellieri Bros. Mfg. Co. Rochester, NY $400
IMG_1087.JPGIMG_1089.JPGIMG_1090.JPGIMG_1091.JPG

Last edited:
Took me a second to realize what was goin on there. Did you add the thin staves in between yourself filling what was probably large gaps? And then I imagine you did too good a job with that causing the need for holes drilled throughout to allow better flow. Judging from the purple stains looks like it worked just as intended.
But let me ask you this- was the hole drilling something that had to be done while the press was full? Whatever it takes!
My family had the same Baccellieri Bros Press. Quality equipment. Im sure you’ll sell it. And this one has some very unique qualities.

I rebuilt the oak the same dimensions as the original rotted oak was. I drilled all the holes on a drill press before I put it back together. Pain in the butt but it looked nice when I finished.

I rebuilt the oak the same dimensions as the original rotted oak was. I drilled all the holes on a drill press before I put it back together. Pain in the butt but it looked nice when I finished.

Wow. The original press had those thin staves in between the main staves? Interesting.
Well it looks great and still a very unique press. Have you upgraded to something else?

Latest posts

Back