$35 130 Bottle Wine Rack

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You lost a couple rows storage for the top, but the display is well worth that cost! So much easier to see the bottles in that column.

Nice looking wine rack....Pine must be a lot cheaper in your neck of the woods!!!

I would love to see the plans. I just made some wine boxes and a 20"x20"x15" 3/4" box cost me almost as much in material.

So has pgottshall checked back in? I've got access to some exotic hard woods and NEED a wine rack soon!!! :b

I would love to see the design dimentions and the jig. Nice job!

Thanks for all the interest! I have a few sketches here that I think do a good job of describing the design and the process of building. My wife (the stainer in our house), told me to suggest you stain the uprights before assembly, as it's darn near impossible after.

I think this is a pretty good design, even from a 9 1/2 fingered woodworker.... :)

I did add up the costs, and see that my $35 is a little low for those who don't have a scrap pile to draw from as I do:

Rack_Cost.png

View attachment Final Design.pdf

View attachment Jig.pdf

Thanks for all the interest! I have a few sketches here that I think do a good job of describing the design and the process of building. My wife (the stainer in our house), told me to suggest you stain the uprights before assembly, as it's darn near impossible after.

I think this is a pretty good design, even from a 9 1/2 fingered woodworker.... :)

I did add up the costs, and see that my $35 is a little low for those who don't have a scrap pile to draw from as I do:

Unable to open the pdf's

Thank you for posting the plans. Really nice design. I assume you ripped the 1x6 on a table saw for the bottle holders. I see you glued and nailed them on the uprights. Do you think one could use just a nail gun? I know gluing would be better, just trying to save some work.

Rocky when I made mine I used a finish nailer. I also used glue in areas of concern which worked out good in conjunction with the nail gun.

If you are concerned about splitting the wood, blunt the point of the nail with your hammer before pounding it in. I even do this with my nail gun nails and use a file to take the chisel point off the brads.

Am I missing the plans because all I see is the photo of the supply list. Is that the PDF.

Back