3 Batch Day at Valley Brew

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, yes, I need some handyman work around here too. Did I mention that Mr. OOCCDD has two left hands?

I have 2 left pinkys tonight it seems.

Very nice, Scott. I wish I had the room.

Racked the RQ French merlot tonight and used my newest toy...1/2 inch Auto Siphon.

2005-03-22_192551_Racking_merlot_2.JPG

Nice, I am on my second one. Taking better care of this one. My only fermentation bucket has a spigot, so I only use my racking cane when going from carboy to carboy. I would have a tendency to just pick up the bucket and pour into a funnel.

I see you have music in the wineroom. Very important. Some people have low ambient music going constantly in their cellars. They say it is good for the wine. Like plants.

Why not? I guess there is that lees problem, but the first racking...

smiley20.gif

Bottled these 3 batches today and they are now in the wine cellar to age. I then started the 5 kits I had ready to go.....my wife thinks I am nuts and have gone way over board with making wine!
smiley36.gif

I think she was just bummed because of the 5 kits I started only 1 was for her...
smiley19.gif

Make me feel bad. I have not started a new kit in over a month. The beer kits got in the way, but now that I have done beer, it is back to wine.

You better get to it....just because you are running a business 7 days a week is no excuse not to keep up!
smiley36.gif

I just took a quick count of bottles in the cellar and I havea total equivalent of 400 750 ml (lots of mags and some 375 ml) Time to put a better lock on the front door I think!
smiley36.gif

You better get to making some kits, Scott! I have twice that in homemade fruit wine! I gotta get some wine finished so I can get an IceWine and a Late Harvest kit for my wife. She says she wants them, but when I get it all bottled she won't drink any, but will give it all away. Gonna open a bottle of Vidal Blanc right now from Post Familie Winery in Altus, AR. Yummy!

smiley33.gif

I would like to to see some pictures of the 800 bottle storage...it must be quite impressive! I hope to make some fruit wines and meads after these current batches are put into carboys. I have more empty carboysjust begging to be filled!

Latest posts

Back