2nd Annual M.A.N.E. Event

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found this Fred, I guess I was confused lol. I looked up Split Rock and they didn't say anything about a two night minimum. So I looked on here to see if there was anything besides the barrel thread and lo and behold there was this thread. So how many room do you have commitments from? We want to go but Corinne is again fighting health problems, but this event is still 3 months away. So you can tentatively schedule us for now Fred.

Just found this Fred, I guess I was confused lol. I looked up Split Rock and they didn't say anything about a two night minimum. So I looked on here to see if there was anything besides the barrel thread and lo and behold there was this thread. So how many room do you have commitments from? We want to go but Corinne is again fighting health problems, but this event is still 3 months away. So you can tentatively schedule us for now Fred.

The issues is they want to hold me responsible for the 10 rooms if we get the group rate. We only have 6 commitments (you would make 7) which are the same folks as last year. I'm not willing to put my credit card at risk for paying for 8 additional nights so I'm just going to book a room for myself and BJ. I have no idea how many rooms are left in the lodge. I gave up trying to get the numbers.

I just booked my room. There are no Friday rooms left at the Lodge so I booked Saturday and Sunday. I got a 2nd floor Lakeside room. The festival tickets this year are $45.00. The room rate was $211.00 something per night with either an AAA or AARP discount. She told me by the beginning to middle of May the rooms are usually gone.

Just got our reservations. It is to the point they couldn't guarantee the Lakeside Lodge, but she added a note that we'd prefer to stay there. Can't get the AARP discount yet, so our final price was over $600 for two nights (including the $45 festival tickets). Still worth it, we had a blast last year (and one of us had more of a blast than the other, what happens at Split Rock stays at Split Rock).

Just got our reservations. It is to the point they couldn't guarantee the Lakeside Lodge, but she added a note that we'd prefer to stay there. Can't get the AARP discount yet, so our final price was over $600 for two nights (including the $45 festival tickets). Still worth it, we had a blast last year (and one of us had more of a blast than the other, what happens at Split Rock stays at Split Rock).

Are they filling up faster than they told me?

It was really great getting together last year, but we're not going to be able to attend this time. I will be watching for the posts afterwards. Try to behave yourselves . . . well at least a little bit.

We got a lakeside room in the Lodge. My hubby and daughter are coming too. They're not going to do the wine festival, so I'll tag along with y'all and your better halves. ;)
You are more than welcome to tag along with us. Let's hope for no rain this year.

No clue where our room will be, we'll know when we get there. As long as the bed has pillows, I'm fine. Usually doesn't matter much after drinking wine all day.

Sounds good, see you all this weekend....
Looks like the weather will be nicer this weekend. Sunny, high of 69*F with a light breeze. Guessing a cold front is coming through on Friday.

Barb and I will be there around dinner time Friday, but will probably stop on the way up. Last year we sat and ate with Fred and BJ and I spent most of my "fun" money. As I remember you get up there a bit later because of your longer drive. We'll most likely meet up at the festival. Drive safe, you know how nutty PA drivers are!

Have fun, kids! Don't do anything I wouldn't do!
I may pack a wine or two tonight with your name on it. Now if I can just keep Fred and BJ from drinking it... I was thinking my first ever kit, the WE SE Viognier, it's four years old and I'm guessing might be declining. But I know you fancy Viogniers. Worse comes to worse and you can use it to cook with some seafood.

I may pack a wine or two tonight with your name on it. Now if I can just keep Fred and BJ from drinking it... I was thinking my first ever kit, the WE SE Viognier, it's four years old and I'm guessing might be declining. But I know you fancy Viogniers. Worse comes to worse and you can use it to cook with some seafood.

We ended up cancelling our room and as it turned out it was a good thing we did. Our dog had to have emergency surgery to remove her spleen. Nurse BJ can't leave her.

Latest posts

Back