2nd Annual M.A.N.E. Event

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I just spoke to Split Rock and they, and rightfully so, are questioning our 10 room group rate since we only had 6 last year which they still gave us the group rate. They want me to give a credit card which they will charge for the rooms that are not booked. I really don't want to do that even though I believe everyone from last year will come again and assume we will get additional folks this year. If you would, please confirm whether or not you will be booking and please promote it to others you know live in a reasonable distance. I'm posting this in the other thread as well.

We'll go, but it will be arrive Friday evening, leave Sunday morning. We want stay wherever the party afterwards is so that we don't have a long and potentially relationship marring walk back to our room, if you know what I mean.

We will be attending again this year. Probably friday and saturday night this time.

Also was recently reminded that my older brother and SIL would like to attend. We told them about how much fun it was (when we all got together for Christmas at their house) and they seemed all in. From past experience I'll believe it when I see it, but I did pass along the dates and a link to Split Rock's site. I told them to hold off signing up until we see if Fred will put his neck and credit card on the line to reserve a block of rooms. :) Actually I said wait until we see if the "party" afterwards is gonna be at the Lodge or Gardenside/Lakeside lodge before booking a room.

I think it would be ideal to have us all together so you guys don't have to drive me home again!! :) My vote is the spot you guys had last year on the water, which is The Lodge.

OK, I just spoke to Split Rock and they, and rightfully so, are questioning our 10 room group rate since we only had 6 last year which they still gave us the group rate. They want me to give a credit card which they will charge for the rooms that are not booked. I really don't want to do that even though I believe everyone from last year will come again and assume we will get additional folks this year. If you would, please confirm whether or not you will be booking and please promote it to others you know live in a reasonable distance. I'm posting this in the other thread as well.

@mainshipfred— Somehow I missed this post. If you haven’t done so already you can lock me in as a “confirmed”. Really looking forward to it. Thanks for taking the lead on this again bud.

I find it impossible to believe anyone would regret attending the meet up. Thanks to @heatherd we picked a relatively central location that has something familys of all make-ups can enjoy. My only confusion is why more people don't show an interest. I don't know where else to post this besides Meetups and Events. I know @Johnd and @sour_grapes would like to attend but it would be a huge commitment considering their location and @Boatboy24 and I'm sure others have summer sports to deal with. If anyone has any ideas please share, or if you communicate with others within a reasonable distance from Split rock let them know. One of the Washington Winemakers buying a barrel lives in the Harrisburg area and has already shown an interest and is letting some of the others know about the event. Might be interesting hearing about views and technics of others outside our group. Although I feel relatively comfortable we will hit the 10 mark I really don't want to put my credit card on hold as a just in case. I also don't want to wait so long we can't get enough rooms together in the Lodge. Last thing, Knowing the weather wasn't the greatest last year and maybe up in the mountains that's what you get but with so many good cooks in the group I thought we could rent a pavilion with a grill and through in a pot luck with the tastings.

I find it impossible to believe anyone would regret attending the meet up. Thanks to @heatherd we picked a relatively central location that has something familys of all make-ups can enjoy. My only confusion is why more people don't show an interest. I don't know where else to post this besides Meetups and Events. I know @Johnd and @sour_grapes would like to attend but it would be a huge commitment considering their location and @Boatboy24 and I'm sure others have summer sports to deal with. If anyone has any ideas please share, or if you communicate with others within a reasonable distance from Split rock let them know. One of the Washington Winemakers buying a barrel lives in the Harrisburg area and has already shown an interest and is letting some of the others know about the event. Might be interesting hearing about views and technics of others outside our group. Although I feel relatively comfortable we will hit the 10 mark I really don't want to put my credit card on hold as a just in case. I also don't want to wait so long we can't get enough rooms together in the Lodge. Last thing, Knowing the weather wasn't the greatest last year and maybe up in the mountains that's what you get but with so many good cooks in the group I thought we could rent a pavilion with a grill and through in a pot luck with the tastings.
Sounds good - we're in! I concur on potluck/grilling and staying in the Lodge.

Latest posts

Back