Quantcast

2020 is happening.

Wine Making Talk

Help Support Wine Making Talk:

CDrew

California Garagiste
Reaction score
I implemented the Lysozyme plan in all the white wine. I'm hoping it will prevent MLF because even newly fermented, it is tasting excellent. It makes it easy that they are in 5 gallon carboys. So each one got 1/2 of a SO2 tablet (50ppm) and an hour later 5gm of Lysozyme (a bit over 250 ppm). I used the measurements in the link posted by @Boatboy24 . So we'll see if it will need fining or not. Even dissolved in 40ml of water, lysozyme is almost clear. I can't believe in 5 gallon amounts, it's going to be much of an issue. Anyway, it was time to get comfortable with that.

I may still use bentonite in a month or just to learn about that as well. It doesn't look hard.

And one other thing. On the Sauvignon Blanc and Semillon, WGD recommends Sur Lie and battonage for a couple of months. I'm going to give that a go as well.

CDrew

California Garagiste
Reaction score
A slight update. I stopped the battonage thing with the Sauvignon Banc/Semillion. It's taking forever to clear. But I was thinking I needed to get it off the yeast lees. So today, I racked all of it. Into a 50 L keg, went all the blended Semillion and Sauvignon Blanc, and into a 5.16 gallon keg, went the remaining sauvignon blanc which was the SB that was late to the party. It's not clear or even close, but it tastes great. I think I have about 18 gallons total out of this Wine Grapes Direct juice and very happy with them. The wine is good, the customer service was excellent. Highly recommended as a source of frozen grapes.

Anyway over the next 6 months, I need to get this clear. I'll check in about April but if it isn't clear, I'll have to get a filtration set up.223E01EA-CA0B-4ADA-B45C-0AED3EBC716A.jpeg

Latest posts