2020 Fall Grape Season Coming Up

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unless your crushing I think they are flexible. Most of us are planning on being there around 10, sure would be nice to meet you. I placed my order on Sunday and still don't have a pick up time. Jim and Eric do you want to carpool?
I will be with my mom, we are not early people by any means, so we'll see what time I can manage to get her out. I am planning on running past Ikea for the one thing that I can't otherwise be bothered with.
And, I think the Heather who is after me is heatherd from here. She hasn't been on here all spring and summer.

I will be with my mom, we are not early people by any means, so we'll see what time I can manage to get her out. I am planning on running past Ikea for the one thing that I can't otherwise be bothered with.
And, I think the Heather who is after me is heatherd from here. She hasn't been on here all spring and summer.

I tried to tag her in a post earlier, but her name never came up. Wondering if her account somehow got removed?

What time Kelly? Erik and I are driving together and crushing at my place. Do you want to join us?
We’re aiming for around 10, but I have a couple people in tow already that will be along. And I’m just getting juice this time. I may be interested in checking out the crushing process, though. I’ll reach out later this week to check in. Thanks!

Looks like we're delayed a week. 😢

This is what kind of bothers me with these group buys. Norcal and Cdrew are already harvesting and I'm sure there are others in Cali. Also Procacci, S&S and I believe Gino Pinto and CFP already started getting fruit. I would think the grapes we are getting that have already been harvested are being stored properly but who knows how long they have been in storage. The Grenache last year was especially bad and the Tempranillo the year before wasn't much better. Neither made a very good wine and I still have 7 gallons of the Tempranillo I just can't bring myself around to bottle. I think they need to take lessons from Chili on proper proceedures.

This is what kind of bothers me with these group buys. Norcal and Cdrew are already harvesting and I'm sure there are others in Cali. Also Procacci, S&S and I believe Gino Pinto and CFP already started getting fruit. I would think the grapes we are getting that have already been harvested are being stored properly but who knows how long they have been in storage. The Grenache last year was especially bad and the Tempranillo the year before wasn't much better. Neither made a very good wine and I still have 7 gallons of the Tempranillo I just can't bring myself around to bottle. I think they need to take lessons from Chili on proper proceedures.

I've been lucky (and so far pleased) with what I've gotten there. And the prices are very good. It seems Jim may be learning a lesson about getting orders in earlier. I've wondered that the last two years - it always feels like we're getting orders in so late. I'd love to be able to get Lanza grapes again. But the 3 hour drive to Philly, and the added cost is a lot. Anxious to see what this year's crop looks like when we pick it up.

I did the 6hr round trip to Gino Pinto’s this morning! Got Cab Franc, Merlot, Cab Sav, and Petit Verdot. I was super happy with the grapes and am thinking they will be my go-to for the foreseeable future.

What's the pricing like at Gino Pinto for those varieties? I couldn't do a trip right now, but it would be helpful to compare. Next year I plan some grapes, and Italian juice that wasn't happening this year.
I am a bit frustrated with the Washington Winemakers delay, even though I just made up my mind. I have a workshop that Saturday the 3rd, a procedure scheduled for the Monday after. It's going to be a push to get these going well, when I won't be home or functional until Tuesday. I'm not sure if I can even do the workshop, or do more than wave from a distance and grab my buckets. I have to get a Covid test on the Friday to be cleared for the procedure, likely should be isolated ahead of time too.
I did the 6hr round trip to Gino Pinto’s this morning! Got Cab Franc, Merlot, Cab Sav, and Petit Verdot. I was super happy with the grapes and am thinking they will be my go-to for the foreseeable future.

When I picked up my spring grapes Mike told me they are trying to open a facility in Ashland for fall 2021. If it happens it's a no brainer for me. That 6 hour trip is a long one. But to those who travel much further, especially @crushday, sorry for whining.

Latest posts

Back