2020 Fall Crush

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdelli

Reaction score
Crushed grapes last Saturday. One week later the brix have fallen a lot. Press will be next Saturday. I like to leave on the skins for a 2 week adventure.

Attachments

• F88B23DD-E793-4091-AF26-D858F528C7E0.jpeg
    F88B23DD-E793-4091-AF26-D858F528C7E0.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 31
  • 474823D4-AA64-4B3C-B01B-A5FAFE76C049.jpeg
    474823D4-AA64-4B3C-B01B-A5FAFE76C049.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
Very nice. I have the same destemmer. Yours is either new or you take much better care of yours than I do. I’d be very careful putting glass carboys on cement. It’s crazy how it only takes a tiny point and it will crack the carboy

Very nice. I have the same destemmer. Yours is either new or you take much better care of yours than I do. I’d be very careful putting glass carboys on cement. It’s crazy how it only takes a tiny point and it will crack the carboy

Thanks
They were only there for a day to settle.
First year I moved from hand crank to motor. Much nicer!!
I notice my motor will hum when starting from time to time. Does yours? Not sure if it is doing that because the load was too great with stems or grapes or the motor is bad.

Thanks
They were only there for a day to settle.
First year I moved from hand crank to motor. Much nicer!!
I notice my motor will hum when starting from time to time. Does yours? Not sure if it is doing that because the load was too great with stems or grapes or the motor is bad.
The motor doesn't have a lot of torque, so I always make sure it is running before I throw grapes in the hopper. Once it is going, I can fill the hopper to the brim, but I makes sure it is empty if I turn it off.

I've got the same CD too. Mine seizes up unless I grease the cr@p out of the chain. The brutes are great fermenters!

Latest posts

Back