2019 Glen Cellars Vintage

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brix started off at 20.5 so i had to add some sugar. I did leave them overnight to soak a bit with some enzymes, and the Brix increase by half a degree.

I have some premium Californian Cab Sauv & Syrah coming in 2 weeks, so i expect the natural sugars to be much higher.

Can't wait!

Lodi Zin at 20.5 brix? I find that hard to believe that anyone would pick a Zin that early unless it was destined to become a white Zin. I sold 10 tons of grapes to a distributor in the Midwest this year and in the agreement the brix had to be between 25-27.

That's the way it should be! I live in Toronto, and one of the brands of grapes that is readily available here is 'Top Brass'. From what i understand, they are a mid-line grape, picked early with the focus being on moving tonnage...... The wine is okay, but i am excited from some premium grapes that will be arriving Oct 4th. One of the wine judges for the AWO (Amateur Winemakers of Ontario), coordinates an order for members, and i believe the grapes will be picked this week some time, and shipped next week. So i can't wait!!

Are you a grape grower!?!

Latest posts

Back