2018 IKEA Lingonberry

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, not sure what to do with it.....

Using EC1118, it came out to 12.7% ABV (1.087-.990) and all my friend and I get is no flavor but alcohol tasting. Tart, but not like a cranberry tart (we love cranberry wines) It's a pretty color for sure. So we added 3/4 cup sugar to the one gallon and it's sweeter, but still no real flavor. Starting pH was 2.7 and ended now at 4.3.

Hmmmm....

Last edited:
Very Late to the conversation but... A safe rule of thumb is the 'best' starting range for a FRUIT wine is anywhere between 3.4-3.6. Above that NOT good - spoilage can occur quickly. Below those numbers and it can be difficult to get a ferment started. Some fruits are just naturally more acidic and therefore may require some adjustment before pitching the yeast.

In any case it looks from posts that it did ferment so that's the important part.

IYou probably know by now that keeping the pH up above 3.0 and below 3.6 will result in an easier time getting fermentation started.

Ending pH - Still want to end up with numbers BELOW 3.6. Some commercial wines I've seen are bottled with pH's below 3.2 but the most important part comes back to ...
How does it taste.

So that's the question - How does it taste now? If you are racking on 3 month schedule you should be doing that in about a month so keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back