2016 Wine Preferences

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AZMDTed

Just a guy
Reaction score
I thought I would share this link that discusses a study addressing American wine preferences in 2016, with a comparison to 2015.

https://www.winebusiness.com/news/?go=getArticle&dataid=177492

Nothing earth shattering in it, just an interesting read and one that can be used to make all sorts of fun facts for the holidays :) For example, you can see that the reported drinking of wine 'for romance' dropped 50% from last year. I wonder why, but then add that to the fact that the demographics last year had more millennials and this year had more from the Greatest Generation and you can make your own conclusions.

For example, you can see that the reported drinking of wine 'for romance' dropped 50% from last year. I wonder why, but then add that to the fact that the demographics last year had more millennials and this year had more from the Greatest Generation and you can make your own conclusions.

That is an interesting read, thanks for sharing that. Guess the population is going to trend down. Without mostly beer and some wine my wife and I would only have two offspring verses the four we have. You can make your own conclusions from that data...

That is an interesting read, thanks for sharing that. Guess the population is going to trend down. Without mostly beer and some wine my wife and I would only have two offspring verses the four we have. You can make your own conclusions from that data...

Wouldn't another important factor be the number of wide spread power outages we experience in the future? :h

Wouldn't another important factor be the number of wide spread power outages we experience in the future? :h

Hummm, no power, no internet, kids are bored and hard to distract, youngest daughter hanging on Mom, lowered kid output potential...

I know, as they would say at my work, TMI.

Hummm, no power, no internet, kids are bored and hard to distract, youngest daughter hanging on Mom, lowered kid output potential...

I know, as they would say at my work, TMI.

Is that Three Mile Island. We used to say that at my old job.

Is that Three Mile Island. We used to say that at my old job.

In this case I meant To Much Information (common comment when I'm around). Funny, I can usually see the output from the cooling tower when I'm heading to work, if it is already light... @jgmann67 lives close enough he glows in the dark.

The wine has additional "nuances" the closer you are to Three Mile Island.

Latest posts

Back