2016 Blanc du Bois pick, crush and press

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dking193

4th year at this!
Reaction score
We picked, crushed and pressed about 250lbs of Blanc du Bois on 6 Aug 2016. About 13 gal worth of juice. Learned a lot this year like, its important to get the potassium metabisulfite into the juice quickly (so it doesn't turn brown). I did get the kmeta in the first 6 gal bucket of juice, but forgot until much later on the second bucket. I almost threw the second bucket away as it looked like dark green pea soup by the time I noticed it was turning brown, but decided to take a chance with it. I'm so glad I did! It looks and taste as great after primary fermentation as the first bucket does.

Check out the video of me and the kids working all day below. Didn't catch on video the monsoon that dumped almost 2" of rain on us, I thought I could beat the weather. We had no choice on picking day as the forecast showed rain off and on for the next 8 days. The sun did came back out for a bit and we finished the last of the grapes. We just broke out towels and paper towels to dry off the rest of the grapes and kept on working.

We also picked the Lomanto grapes and crushed them, but the Blanc du Bois is the star of the video, along with the kids of course. I hope you guys like it.

https://youtu.be/LMOqvx4VI6s

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back