Mosti Mondiale 2010 Ltd Editions - Meglioli

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Worth the price

I have some interest in these kits, but I have to wonder are they worth the price? I have tried many kits in the past, and there is diffently a differance in quality "bargin" kits vs "premium" kits. So all in all is $200.00 + for a kit justified?

Thanks

Leo

i bought a clearance of the 2009 meglioli ltd editions this past fall, got it for $170-something i think. the juice was very good, deep color extraction, heavy with dissolved solids. the box took some abuse in shipping, i prob would not choose to ship a 23L box again, better to pick up locally if possible.

part of what you're paying for in the kit is all the stuff they throw in it, the yeast and finings, the corks, labels, bentonite, sorbate, oak, raisins or skins and capsules.

my cab/merlot is bulk aging now and preliminarily looks like it'll be very good in a year or two.

if you already have corks, yeast, finings, oak, bentonite and k-meta, then a better choice might be the mosti mondiale fresh juices (fresco) which would be the same thing or better without all the extra stuff. but the fresh juices are seasonal and not sterile so you have to be able to make them as soon as they arrive. they may ship better as it's a sealed pail as opposed to a cumbersome bag in box design. i think the fresh juices from MM on average are about $50 less expensive than the meglioli kits.

i'd like to get a look at their new grapepack kits as i think this is their first foray into grapepacks (my cab/merlot was with vinefera raisins.)

$200 for 30 bottles is still well below most commercial retail wines so it's sort of relative. I think the meglioli kits in general have the capability to be on par with any of the other premium kits out there.

M&M Juicegrape is a distributor for Mosti.

I guess at the pr/bottle price it really is inexpensive. Maybe I'll take advantage of the $15.00 off and order the Amarone.

Thanks

Leo

I have made two MM Meglioli Barolo's and one Amarone in the past few years (2004, 2005,2006) and they were the "best" kit wines I have ever made, hands down!

As the price increased dramatically for them, I made two more MM All Juice Barolo's and one Amarone kit (2007). While they were very good, they did not compare to Meglioli kits.

Meglioli kits are no longer available locally, but if they were, I would consider making another one.

Ed

Let me tell you that I cant relly aford to buy these kits and I have apretty extensive red wine collection for a household where really Im the only one whom drinks 98% of the time. I have had the oppurtunity to have a few bottles of this Barolo and a Amarone and they are the best wines a kit could ever make and Ive usually make the RJS Winery series and EP kits which make IMO a very good wine also. I think the RJS is better then the Cellar craft but not as good s the Meglioli. I diont have excess to all the kits out there nor do I want to do buisness with every LHBs and pay shipping to try all the different manufacturers out there that cofan has access to. Hes a lucky man for that. im just saying that these kits are worth the money and when i do starting needing to make some more red wines itll be a had decision to spend 1/ 2 the money for an RJS kit and get a very good wine or dble that cash and get an awesome wine. They truly are awesome. Im not a huge fa of their all juice kits that much except for whites and a Pinot Noir like wine, when it comes to big reds I like the grape skin kits but must say these Megs do a magnificant job without skins and can only imagine what the 2 new skin kits can do!

Latest posts

Back