WineXpert 2010 Limited edition kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RDavidP

Junior
Reaction score
I was wondering who was doing the 2010 Limited Edition kits this year. I have ordered the Trio Blanca, South African Shiraz, Petit Verdot, and the Brunello. I didn't order the Quartet, but from hearing others at the homebrew store, I may be wishing I had. I am not that big of a white wine drinker, but having some selection of whites would be nice to have. I currently have the Trio Blanca and Shiraz both in the carboy. They were almost done fermenting by the end of the first seven days before I even racked to the carboys. The gravity on both was right at 1.000. In fact, I think the Shiraz was already at .998. Now they are sitting in the carboys to finish fermenting, and then on to stabalizing and clarification.

Not me this year as I still have a decent supply of reds but probably next year.

I have the Petite Verdot in the primary. Actually ready today to go to secondary. The juice was really a nice dark ruby color. They say this wine is actually a 'super cabernet'. I think I'll age it in the carboy. Can't wait to try it.

The Shiraz is in the primary and I picked up the Petite Verdot today.

Two batches to bottle next week, then I can start the Verdot.

I think my local shop has a couple extra Petite Verdot kits and I'm wondering if I should do another one. The wine is starting to build up in the cellar though, getting pretty close to 500 bottles. :d

Latest posts

Back