2010 Growing season

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you haven't gone thru and nicked out any buds you should see the vines respond by getting the secondary or tertiary buds to grow for you. I just hate to see the primaries with all their great looking growth and large clusters get hit by frost.

If you haven't gone thru and nicked out any buds you should see the vines respond by getting the secondary or tertiary buds to grow for you. I just hate to see the primaries with all their great looking growth and large clusters get hit by frost.

Thanks for that information Racer I had no ideal
Jack

I'm really envious of what you all can grow up North. I know that you suffer thru the winters, but then you can grow so many different things.
Down here we have mainly citrus and veggies. I planted a couple Muscadines last month, but we are now in the middle of a hot dry spell. I water them every couple days to keep them from going totally dry.
The wild blackberries in my yard are still just little green berries about the size of a pencil eraser.
No apples here, or peaches, pears nothing like that.
We could raise some blue berries, but the heat and drought make a watering system a must.

Looks good, Larry. I just weeded and mulched mine today. Lost a few through the winter, but not many. They're flowered and looking good. Should turn into a serious bed.

You can't grow peaches in Florida? Who knew?

probably Floridians.

BY the way...Do you know Christopher Walken? He's a dual citizen of the US and Florida.

Nothing I wrote is funny. <shame>

I made stairs for Christopher Walken as he has a place in CT. I didnt meet him but our truck driver did and said he looked baked beyond reality!

No way. That's awesome. I once put some flooring in Ron Howard's house. Really. carried it in and put it down. Then went back to the truck for more. Can't remember where it was, though, and I wasn't baked. Seems like it was in Ct.

cant you grow watermellons in florida? that would make some sweet wine!:ib

lol if making wine was easy wouldnt everyone do it? i planted some watermelons maybe ill give it a whirl. i was thinking of just using them as an additive to the rasberry wine. ill just have to wait and see how much i get.

I think I've mentioned my favorite watermelon "wine" recipe before. Very quick so no time for spoilage! ;)
Step One
Cut a plug out of a watermelon.
Step Two
Pour in a handle of vodka or everclear
Step Three
replace plug
Step 4
Refridgerate for a few hours.
Step 5
Enjoy!

I think I've mentioned my favorite watermelon "wine" recipe before. Very quick so no time for spoilage! ;)
Step One
Cut a plug out of a watermelon.
Step Two
Pour in a handle of vodka or everclear
Step Three
replace plug
Step 4
Refridgerate for a few hours.
Step 5
Enjoy!

Step 4.5
Remove plug and replace with tap:tz

PW

Ive used that recipe many times in the past always great for an afternoon cookout!

Latest posts

Back