RJ Spagnols 2 grape packs in a RJS kit?

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Norton

Reaction score
I opened up an en premier RJS kit for the first time. It is the Italian Zin and it had 2grape packs. All other kits from other companies I have gotten only have one. Packaging mistake or is that normal?

Sometimes, a kit will contain two smaller packs instead of one big one. If you happened to get two big ones, I'd consider it a gift and look forward to that wine with great anticipation. Otherwise, business as usual. IIRC, my first Winery Series Super Tuscan came with two large, plastic jars of skins.

Sometimes, a kit will contain two smaller packs instead of one big one. If you happened to get two big ones, I'd consider it a gift and look forward to that wine with great anticipation. Otherwise, business as usual. IIRC, my first Winery Series Super Tuscan came with two large, plastic jars of skins.
The new EPWS kits come with 2 bags of skins if they're based on the old Winery Series (like Norton's Italian Zin), if based on the old En Primeur, they come with dried skins. Unfortunately they did away with the plastic jars.

I did email RJS and they got back to me and said that it does have two packages of grape skins. I guess I was used to the wineexpert company that only has one larger package of skins.

Back