RJ Spagnols 1st wine brew and diary - Vino del Vida wine kit

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have to drink all of my 6 gallons of wine before jumping!!!!

Also went to Melbourne for a week. We flew air NZ this time and enjoyed it betterthan quantas.

:)

What is the preferred SG for a Racking or what is the range?
--I am thinking of Racking at 1.02-1.01

Thanks...:r:r:r

I prefer to rack out of primary at 1.005 or below. I often end up racking at995 or lower. But I don't check my wine every hour or so either.

Steve

August 31, 2009 (5th full day of primary)

Opened the lid and just checked the SG, no more stirring...1.05...getting there!!!

Everything smells great and I will be sneaking a taste later tonight :) I'm guessing its going to be around 1.035.

I would assume if it is 1.035 the alcohol is now:

1088-1035=53 / 7.36 = 7.2 %

Sweet!!!:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

Sept 1, 2009

tested SG of must on 6th full day, it's at 1.03.

Grabbed a small glass and it tastes a lot different than the other sips I took.
This one tasted less like grape juice finally, it kinda made me nervous thinking it might be going bad but my girl said it tasted good so I was just nervous!

I would have to drink all of my 6 gallons of wine before jumping!!!!

Also went to Melbourne for a week. We flew air NZ this time and enjoyed it betterthan quantas.

:)

I don't see the value in tying a rubber band to your legs and leaping off cliffs and bridges either.. and paying them for the privilege!

Give me a nice meal in a decent restaurant.. that's my idea of leisure activities..

Melbourne is lovely.. did you go to the gaol?

Allie

No never made it to the gaol, what is it?

Sept 3rd, 2009

tested wine today and tasted it. I am at 1.01 sg and ready to rack once my girlfriend gets home!!!

I might make a video of it ;)

the wine tastes decent but I think I am just worried it isn't great already, is the wine going to improve significantly in another 3 weeks?

Significantly? 3 weeks? Maybe, sorta. It won't be as sweet.

3 to 6 months? YES.

Steve

Last edited:
If you have a 1.5ltr bottle you can rack into that.
So far looking good. Label looks great!

Latest posts

Back