19th Annual Greater Kansas City Cellarmaster's Wine Classic

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

salcoco

Veteran Wine Maker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Greater Kansas City Cellarmasters is happy to announce that the 19th Annual Wine Classic shall be accepting entries and performing judging for a new division of wines made from Wine Kits. Two separate divisions will be established for entries and judging; Wine Kit and Original Source Wines.

Wine Kit judging shall follow the 20-point Davis system with gold, silver and bronze medals awarded. Best of Class awards will also be awarded. Entries for this category shall be made from commercial wine kits.

Original Source wines shall be entered in the traditional categories established for the Wine Classic. These wines shall be made from grapes, fruit, juice, and concentrate other than commercial wine kits. Best of Class awards for these wines will established along with the traditional gold, silver and bronze medals.

The 19th Annual Wine Classic will be held on January 26-27, 2018. Entries are $10 due Jan 2-13, 2018. Additional details, classes and entry form are on in the attached packet.

Attachments

• 19th Annual Wine Classic Packet.pdf
    329.7 KB · Views: 12
I'm sorry we used to have a mead class, but we could not find qualified judges for this class so we thought it best not to list one.

Not a problem. Did not want to send a bottle or two of mead only to find that there would be no judging. Will look to see if I can send something else.

@salcoco,

I have a couple of blends I may send, not sure of the category.
50/50 vinifera/elderberry - 8d?
70/30 vinifera/dark fruit - 10a?

Thanks in advance.

A coupe of questions. is the vinifera from a kit wine? is the elderberry fermented wine? is the dark fruit(type?) fermented wine?

need answers to these questions to best give you an answer. Look forward to our response.

A coupe of questions. is the vinifera from a kit wine? is the elderberry fermented wine? is the dark fruit(type?) fermented wine?

need answers to these questions to best give you an answer. Look forward to our response.

No kits or kit contents. All 100% fresh fruit, including the grapes, and both were blended from completely fermented wines.

go ahead with your original suggestions. We double check all entries for correct classification, so your entry will be reviewed and placed accordingly, if necessary. Thank you for your interest in our competition and good luck.

Sal

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, entries to the 19th Annual Wine Classic in Kansas City are due Jan 2-13 2018. Just about one month to go!

I would appreciate knowing the details of when where and the admission price if any

Last edited:
entry of wine is open to the public. the actual judging is not. details to the competition are in the attached file. entries are $10
an award dinner is open to the public it is convened on Saturday the 27th.A form for the dinner is also in the packet. The dinner is at the Strawberry Hill Museum in Kansas City Kansas.

Attachments

• 19th Annual Wine Classic Packet.pdf
    329.7 KB · Views: 7
Mine are packed and ready to ship when we get home on the 3rd! This year is all my cheap wine kits with tweaks :) Very excited to see how they score - could be good or very "not good" :)

I'm going to wait to ship until next week. As with much of the country we've had some really cold temps here. Looking at the forecast for this week, lows are 1F, 8F, and 4F. Next week is at least somewhat better, starting Saturday.

Latest posts

Back