185 ML bottles

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno

Reaction score
My nephew is getting married this summer and has asked me to furnish some of my wines. We are looking for a smaller bottle, something the guests could take home as a souvineer. I have heard 185 ML bottles are available, but I have not seen them available for sale. Does anyone know an on-line source? Also, do these take corks, and will my Italian floor corker work on a bottle this small?

The ones I've seen are 187 ml and they are twist-off caps. I got some from a friend who is a distributor and they give them as samples.

My wife and I just recently bottled our chocolate raspberry port into a case of the 187ml bottles(the rest went into 375mls).We got ours at quality wine and ale. http://www.homebrewit.com/aisle/1040 2 things you need to know though. You'll need to set something on the corker pad because the bottles are too short(we used a piece of 2x4). And you probably want to cork with #7 corks. We used #8's and had a hard time getting the corks to seat to the same depth consistently.

I have put some of a batch of wine into used cooler bottles & like Racer I had to put a piece of wood on the pad to put the cork in but worked well for me!~

Back