• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Wine Making Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

165-510 gallon antique wooden barrels

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodycreek78

Junior
Reaction score
165 gallon-510 gallon multiple antique wooden barrels

Does anyone have any idea of the value or someone who might know more about them? They are from 1860 and still intact, most in what looks to be usable condition, if not great display pieces. Sizes vary from 165 gallons to 510 gallons. Thank you in advance.

Bill

Last edited:
Some of them, not all of them. They are 150 years old so they probably won't look new. Didn't know if they can be refurbished or if they are only good for display. Thanks for the observation though.

I'd be interested in them for display purposes. Let me know.....

Where are you located? What do you feel is fair pricing? Since they are all different sizes my thought was to have a per gallon price for them. Like I said before though I am seeking help to value them because I have no experience selling something like this and you don't see them for sale to be able to compare, that's why I came to this forum for help. Let me know your thoughts. Thank you.

Bill

I am still trying to get some more information about them, I will let you know more when I find out. I called that company and they couldn't help but I have been in contact with a couple others and am awaiting a response. Thank you.

Given the age of the barrels, maybe consider contacting a local historical society or antique dealer. They may be interested in them.

But, from the photos it looks like the staves have shrunk, and the metal bands have loosened and are falling off. The bands should be tapped back on. Even then the barrel may not be stable, even for decorative purposes, without a bit of work. And careful moving them, else you may end up with this:

old_oak_barrel2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back