156lbs of plums need recipe

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thank you all I have 156 lbs of plums that i have extracted 13 gallons of juice from and I have a 45 gallon stainless steal drum that I would like to ferment it all in and the go to glass carboys anyone have a recipe that big? thanks:tz

OMG! wow! thats mind blowing LOL! all i can say is find a 5 or a 6 gallon recipe and do some math....not a great idea but its all i got .... have fun!!! and welcome to the board!!

Thank you all I have 156 lbs of plums that i have extracted 13 gallons of juice from and I have a 45 gallon stainless steal drum that I would like to ferment it all in and the go to glass carboys anyone have a recipe that big? thanks:tz
Search Jack Keller's website for plum wine recipes.

Good luck!!!

Fantastic. Freeze the juice, do some research and make your wine 5 or 10 gallons at a time. This will allow you to space it out while you learn how to make good plum wine............

or

buy a lot of toilet paper and make it all at once.:)

i have plenty of empty glass carboys just wondering if anyone had ever fired up a batch that big i can do the 6 gallon recipe all day long but have the equipment just not the cross reference for one that big

Luc makes large batches of Plum. Contact him.Or you could mail it to me and I will let ya know how it went.:db

Yep, just adjust, and use a packet of yeast per every 5-6 gallons of must being made.

Plum Wine

I just put in 18 gallons (12 gallons in one fermenter & 6 in another) using Wade's recipe.

I used 120 lbs. of plums and it is turning out nicely, already racked 6 gallons over to secondary and will pull the 12 gals. over tomorrow, I hope.

Wade's recipe was right on que!

Good Luck...

Latest posts

Back