Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom

Reaction score
Congrats Wade!
In the next few days we will have our 10,000th member!
:b

Me too - you guys are making me look good. In other words - my wine is really really working out!

I have just tried my SunCal Merlot concentrate that I used ripe bananas with and treated with TanCor - it is sooo good. (I added blackberry flavoring also). Of course it will get better with age :)

There is no way I could have accomplished this without you guys - THANKS!

Very cool. Ive been so busy that I havent been looking at Stas or to see if its anyones birthday. Thanks for pointing that out Tom!

WE MADE IT ! ! !
Pidlycync is our 10,000 !
Congrats to ALL and to Pidlycync for being the 10,000th member!!
:b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b :b

If 10,000 members made 10 batches of wine, and each batch was 6 gallons....

well how many gallons does it take to float a battleship?:d

Congrats!

Last edited:
That would be about 600000 gallons of pure heaven and one bad hangover.:)

If 10,000 members made 10 batches of wine, and each batch was 6 gallons....

well how many gallons does it take to float a battleship?:d

Congrats!

Yeah but how many of those 10,000 are real members (active or not), and how many are spammers? On another site, there was a comment about 'over 50% spammers'. Don't know if it was true or not.

Steve

CP,
SPAM is almost NON-EXISTENT here. Wade and us mods take care of that before it gets out of hand. Now that might have been that before Wade came in. I remember when I became a member (Nov 2006) there was alot of that. I just kept quiet till someone took over and started to clean it up.
Now there are some "lurkers" here but, even those have learned alot about winemaking. They just dont post for some reason or another.

Yeah but how many of those 10,000 are real members (active or not), and how many are spammers? On another site, there was a comment about 'over 50% spammers'. Don't know if it was true or not.

Steve

Not knocking this forum or anything, everyone that participates has been great and you're a great bunch of people, but you wouldn't know by the postings we have 10,000 members here. Not a chance, can't be, no way, no how.

What's your guess, 40-50 active posters maybe? Maybe more, I just don't go into every category. Plus, what makes this forum tough to read is all you have to do is hit the site, not necessarily every new post, and every new post turns from bold to non-bold before you get a chance to see all the posts that were bold - whew!! Did I say that right? I think I need another glass of wine. :d

Steve

Last edited:
Tom:

I didn't say that there was a lot of spam. I said that a lot of the 'members' were accounts that spammers opened.

Steve

Steve

I dunno about the other mods here.. but I'm banning at least 2 to 8 new spam accounts a day,( 4 on average) this week has been particularly bad.. If I could find the members list here, I'd go through it and have a clean up, I agree, ten thousand members is unrealistic, there's got to be a lot of spam accounts on here.

Allie

Last edited:
It took about 3 weeks to ban all spammers and delete all the posts even alot of ours that we responded to. Just like any site there are lots of members that have logged on, used the site for awhile and then once they learn never return. Then there are some who find another forum and stay there, thens there are the ones who make 1 batch and screw it all up and vow never to make win e again. Either way its a big improvement over what was going on here before with no supervision and its all due our mods who help out quite a bit.

Thanks alot Wade and to all the moderators for all the help and improvemnets on this site! For all of us who enjoy making wine this is the place to be for the exchange of info tips, etc. So what number am I ? Does the 10,000th member really win a free trip to the wine making country in France? I think it's all a hoax. As soon as I hit the lottery I am going to get all the mebers on the side without Wades knowledge and we are all going to show up at his house and drink wine. and maybe other fermentable drinks.

Thanks alot Wade and to all the moderators for all the help and improvemnets on this site! For all of us who enjoy making wine this is the place to be for the exchange of info tips, etc. So what number am I ? Does the 10,000th member really win a free trip to the wine making country in France? I think it's all a hoax. As soon as I hit the lottery I am going to get all the mebers on the side without Wades knowledge and we are all going to show up at his house and drink wine. and maybe other fermentable drinks.

Count ME in ! :d

How does Troy find out about all these give aways?? He must have an inside track lol. :)I am in also, here we come Wade!!:D
The only spam I have seen lately is the guy selling bottling machines.

Last edited:
How does Troy find out about all these give aways?? He must have an inside track lol. :)I am in also, here we come Wade!!:D
The only spam I have seen lately is the guy selling bottling machines.

Thats because Allie and Tom are all over them and have them gone by the time I get home from work or wherever Ive been. They hide the message frm you guys and I or Smurfe look at it and remove it permanently from this site. Its great having a few mods from different sides of the world as someones always up and on the site to monitor it and do what needs to be done. Great job you 2. I have no problem with people selling wine making equipment on this site or trying to.

I am not sure if that is an accurate count or not. I believe when we ban someone permanently they do not count on the member list but don't hold me to that. I really can't believe there are over 10,000 real members though. I'll see if I can figure it out and let you know. In reality it doesn't really matter if they don't post. I do want to once again personally think the Mods here and Wade. When this site started I was a mod that had no access to do anything about these Spam Bots. All I could do was hide a post. Now we can nip them immediately.

Latest posts

Back