1/One Step how is it

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirs

just an oldman
Reaction score
Here how is this for a cleaner/sanitizer I'm wanting to try something new as I've been told this is good for getting hard to get stains. I've got some type of what looks like a rust stain in the bottom of one of the used carboys I just got that doesn't want to come off by normal washing. So what do you all think ??? Gona try it first thing in the morning but would like opinions

PS the name is 1/One Step no rinse cleaner supposed to be a sanitizer

Last edited:
I would go for a staight cleaner first then sanitze in this case. You could use straight A or even oxy-clean and let it soak for several hours and then rinse. In a normal situation when you're not trying to get out a stain, one step is fine.

I'd do what Dan said first. If it still persists try some bleach, just wash it out good afterwards and let it dry well. It will be fine for glass. I'm guessing it's glass and not plastic.

You could even try a small amount of sand and water to lift it off. Be gentle as sand will scratch the glass or try rice.

thanks for replies and yes it is glass really old 6 1/2 gallon one really nice one just had that one stain that didn't want to budge for some reason, I'll post later today how it went I've got it soaking now.

I started my fermentation hobby 16 years ago using one-step when it was real new and still marketed as a sanitizer.
Now, its just a cleanser because they didn't want to jump through the FDA hoops.

Its ok, but straight-A is WAY stronger in terms of cleaning off odd organic deposits. This is a cleanser that needs rinsing.
I follow that with star-san to sanitize, as its a no-rinse sanitizer.

well whatever it was got gone pretty and clean and now got some wine working away in it lol

Glad you got it off. Dan and Malkore are spot n as Straight A cleanser is the strongest cleaner out there and Star San is about the best sanitizer out there as it works as god as Iodophor but lasts a lot longer and isnt such a mess to work with.

If you find another stained one, try some salt and ice, then the muscles go to work, keep on swirlin it around and will usually get em clean. Never tried on plastic, tho only glass.

Latest posts

Back