1 In 5 California Early Adopters of EVs Move Back To ICE - For Convenience Reasons......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, well, the short answer is duh. Look at the places where the lottery funds were to be used for schools, the funds actually are, but the politicians redirected the general use funds that used to go to the schools too. So it works out that the schools still have the same amount of funds. Never stand between a politician and a bag of someone else's money.
Yup... same here in Moosagain :p and there are all sorts of special mis-directed funds from gas taxes, that's why our wonderful (said facetiously :p) governor tried running on a "Fix the damn roads." campaign that got her nowhere.

Well well, the tax we pay in gas is "supposed" to be used on roads, bridges and what not....so do they really use the money for that purpose because I see these politicians trying to pass an unprecedented spending "infrastructure" bill because our roads, bridges and the like are in need for repair.
They do. It’s just not enough

I own an EV here in North Carolina. Because it’s an EV I pay an extra 130 bucks or so on my registration each year to make up for the lost gas tax.

Because it’s an EV I pay an extra 130 bucks or so on my registration each year to make up for the lost gas tax.
So a fix amount independent of how long you have been driving? It sounds like that we in Sweden will get a milage based tax in the future. (we used to have that on diesel fueled cars, all diesel cars had a meter for that.) In Norway, where more than 2/3 of all new cars are electric, the government received 1/3 less tax from fuel comparing 2013 and 2020. Ironically, it's their good economy, which is due to their oil production, that have paid for the switch to electric cars (no tax, no VAT, free parking, no fee on toll roads, free electricity on municipal charging stations etc. if you have an electric car) Even in Sweden electric cars are subsidized, if you buy a new one, you will receive roughly 7800 USD from the tax payers.

I own an EV here in North Carolina. Because it’s an EV I pay an extra 130 bucks or so on my registration each year to make up for the lost gas tax.

That sucks. In CT the registration is actually cheaper. In NJ (where my car is registered) I only paid registration one time and I think is valid for 4 years or so).

Well you do realize its only a matter of time before all States are forced to charge higher EV registration tags. There is no free ride and roads will need to be maintained one way or another with or with out gas tax.

That sucks. In CT the registration is actually cheaper. In NJ (where my car is registered) I only paid registration one time and I think is valid for 4 years or so).

Ha , yes let the games begin, tax’s , fees and the game stays the same no matter the player’s.
Here’s the game , them that’s got shall get and them that’s not shall loss.
Japan has declared they don’t have enough power to supply there own cities yet alone EV vehicles.
China has rolling black outs do to lack of coal , oil and natural gas shortages,
Yes let the Games begin

Yeah, well, the short answer is duh. Look at the places where the lottery funds were to be used for schools, the funds actually are, but the politicians redirected the general use funds that used to go to the schools too. So it works out that the schools still have the same amount of funds. Never stand between a politician and a bag of someone else's money.
Exactly what they do here. Send a million bucks from lottery sales to the schools and cut a million bucks for schools out of the general budget.

Well you do realize its only a matter of time before all States are forced to charge higher EV registration tags. There is no free ride and roads will need to be maintained one way or another with or with out gas tax.

I’d be more happy to pay a “gas” tax driving an EV rather than an ICE car, hands down.

As the Beatles stated:

"If you drive a car, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold I'll tax the heat
If you take a walk, I'll tax your feet"

I’d be more happy to pay a “gas” tax driving an EV rather than an ICE car, hands down.
As long as you can afford to , what about the masses of the population that are in poverty across this country who can’t a mileage tax on middle income who are being driven into poverty and that’s a fact across this country , how much more can the afford or not .
Just my thought’s.
Yet alone highway taxes for diesel vehicles.
I agree it’s time will come , which usually means industry is the driving force not politics, industry knows how to create positive change for the most part , political parties don’t .

Last edited:
One could also state that 1 in every 4 Californians are leaving the state , imagine that.
Estimated 60 k homeless in LA, 40 k in San Diago and Long Beach , Calls is also having limited electrical usage with rolling brown outs,
You notice Tesler.left.

As long as you can afford to , what about the masses of the population that are in poverty across this country who can’t a mileage tax on middle income who are being driven into poverty and that’s a fact across this country , how much more can the afford or not .
Just my thought’s.
Yet alone highway taxes for diesel vehicles.
I agree it’s time will come , which usually means industry is the driving force not politics, industry knows how to create positive change for the most part , political parties don’t .

My comment is in regards to the tax you already pay in a daily basis. I’d be happy to pay that tax driving an EV rather than a gas car, got it?

Tesla just released their sales figures for Q4/2021. If you have stock in Tesla, you are going to be a very happy person when the market opens tomorrow. Total Q4 sales were 308,600 vehicles, up 67,000 from Q3, for a total of 936,172 for the year. In a year that is supposed to be an epidemic induced slowdown in new car sales.

Last year they sold a total of 499,647 vehicles. So, they nearly doubled their sales......

Just for some historical context and to illustrate Tesla's incredible growth, the follow are the sales figures going back to June 2012.

2012 - 2,650. (S)
2013 - 22,242 (S)
2014 - 31,655 (S)
2015 - 51,773 (S X)
2016 - 76,285 (S X)
2017 - 103,281 (S X 3)
2018 - 245,530 (S X 3)
2019 - 367,656 (S X 3)
2020 - 499,647 (S X 3 Y)
2021 - 936,172 (S X 3 Y)

See the trend?

Tesla just released their sales figures for Q4/2021. If you have stock in Tesla, you are going to be a very happy person when the market opens tomorrow.
If you have stock in Tesla, you are going to be a very happy person if you sell your stock when the market opens tomorrow.
(Down 16% since then so I fixed the sentence.)

Musk is smart in so many ways. Pure genius move (at this point) to sell $10,000,000,000 worth of his TSLA holdings back in November at much higher prices than today.

If you have stock in Tesla, you are going to be a very happy person if you sell your stock when the market opens tomorrow.

Musk is smart in so many ways. Pure genius move (at this point) to sell $10,000,000,000 worth of his TSLA holdings back in November at much higher prices than today.
I do agree, Elon Musk is one smart cookie..

Just to be clear, this was not meant to be negative towards Geek so I apologize if it was construed that way.

Tesla just released their sales figures for Q4/2021. If you have stock in Tesla, you are going to be a very happy person when the market opens tomorrow. Total Q4 sales were 308,600 vehicles, up 67,000 from Q3, for a total of 936,172 for the year. In a year that is supposed to be an epidemic induced slowdown in new car sales.

Last year they sold a total of 499,647 vehicles. So, they nearly doubled their sales......

Just for some historical context and to illustrate Tesla's incredible growth, the follow are the sales figures going back to June 2012.

2012 - 2,650. (S)
2013 - 22,242 (S)
2014 - 31,655 (S)
2015 - 51,773 (S X)
2016 - 76,285 (S X)
2017 - 103,281 (S X 3)
2018 - 245,530 (S X 3)
2019 - 367,656 (S X 3)
2020 - 499,647 (S X 3 Y)
2021 - 936,172 (S X 3 Y)

See the trend?

There will be a cap on sales for EV companies as most people cannot afford their high price tags. And many more cannot justify the $20-30k premium price for the opportunity to offset $2500 per year in fuel costs, the economics don’t add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back