1 In 5 California Early Adopters of EVs Move Back To ICE - For Convenience Reasons......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Business trip from CT to DC, quick 25 minute stop to super charge.

These new v3 super chargers throw a very high voltage to the battery.

This tapers down as the battery gets charged but in the first 7 minutes I averaged something like 120 miles of charge. By the time I went inside in the rest area for the mens room and buy a snack (like 15 minutes or so) I had plenty of charge to reach my hotel in MD.

31D69DEB-785F-40E3-B377-A6200B890126.jpeg

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
Quick 25 minute break at the service area for car “juice” and go to the mens room, to get back home.

483EB8E2-E4B9-4052-A680-258902095718.jpeg

ibglowin

Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's a what? ~325 mile trip one way? How many times do you have to stop at a super charger?

geek

Still lost.....
Reaction score
That's a what? ~325 mile trip one way? How many times do you have to stop at a super charger?
On my way down I only stopped once since I had enough charge to get me far, I left the house with about ~247 miles.
On my return I stopped 2 times because I left the hotel with not enough charge.

hounddawg

Dawg
Reaction score
N.E.Arkansas instep MO BOOTHILL,, OZARK FOOT HILLS
Not completely surprising. Buying an EV is a commitment to doing things a little differently. You need to perhaps plan a bit more, take advantage of short term free charging, etc. You can't just run to the nearest gas station and be 'full' in three minutes. But people will figure out how to work with that. I'm not currently in the market for a car, but will be in 3-4 years and am already looking toward an EV. Will that be the car we take on long family road trips? Maybe not. But for daily driving, or short overnights, perfect. And honestly, by then range will probably be significantly increased. In the NC Outer Banks, where we take at least one trip a year, I'm already seeing rental houses advertising EV chargers as amenities. The early(ish) adopters are working the kinks out now. It's the folks that want to look cool until they realize it might cost them a few minutes of charging or planning that are bailing. I know a few people that own Teslas, and they aren't going back any time soon. Quite the contrary - they are looking to convert their other cars to EVs.
WELL Mr. @Boatboy24 , you forggot the most important thing, once you put your cherry bombs on get them hot and run water through them, and still you can't rack your pipes, jeeze, how do you wake up your neabhors ,, lol and where the heck dose the 4-barrel hollie go ? lol
Dawg

Latest posts