1 In 5 California Early Adopters of EVs Move Back To ICE - For Convenience Reasons......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since I'm working remote I charge my vehicle every 10 days maybe and that is because I want to plug it in, not because the battery is almost zero.
Everyone has different needs, but for me I wouldn't see anything wrong plugging my car daily (if need be), takes merely 10 seconds when I get home, I could be tired as hell but getting that charge handle and plugging into my car adds nothing to make me not do it. To me, once you go EV you just become a bit more organized but those crying babies complaining that they didn't plug in because they're tired.....give me a break..!! :slp
These cars provide way over 300 miles of range, not many people NEED to drive to work that much in a daily basis, but crying babies will be there no matter what... LOL

In CT, the dealer mafia has also done everything in their power to lobby and prohibit any EV manufacturer to sell directly in CT, which is all bananas and BS, but we're fighting. Honestly, for me it is a hassle walking into a dealership to negotiate a price on a car, just did that recently since my son wants a car. Just like those who were opposing online sale of anything in the past (clothing, food and everything else) now realize how popular Amazon has become.

Yes, driving an EV may take a bit of adjustment at first (for some) but once you get it you never look back in most cases (I tell you from experience of the hundreds in our CT group who made the switch).

The CyberTruck is ugly, but it grows on you after a while :cool:
Carvana has EVs and hybrids - so at least you don't 100% have to go to a dealer.

Here's an EV issue I have not seen addressed. There are millions of people living in cities who do not have a dedicated parking space and must park along the street in whatever space they can find. How would they charge an EV? Will we be required to put a charging station on every space like parking meters?

Here's an EV issue I have not seen addressed. There are millions of people living in cities who do not have a dedicated parking space and must park along the street in whatever space they can find. How would they charge an EV? Will we be required to put a charging station on every space like parking meters?

As technology advances I presume the way we charge EVs today will evolve, EVs will be able to charge in much shorter times, few minutes so you can go to a charging station just like you go to a gas station. A few years ago the super chargers were L1, then L2 and now they have L3 which allows for insane charging speed capacity.

As technology advances I presume the way we charge EVs today will evolve, EVs will be able to charge in much shorter times, few minutes so you can go to a charging station just like you go to a gas station. A few years ago the super chargers were L1, then L2 and now they have L3 which allows for insane charging speed capacity.
Unless there's a Flex Alert in California, for instance, when they don't want people to charge their electric vehicles between 4-9 pm - they will probably turn off those charging stations. And the faster they charge, the higher the current demand so even more important to shut them down. But, I know, in the future.....

"Hello, if possible, the California ISO recommends consumers to delay using major appliances and charging electric vehicles between 4-9 p.m. on days when a Flex Alert is in effect." Learn more at https://t.co/VB7dql84XI

When will they make those noisy Harleys all electric??? 🏍

I learned that Harley Davidson actually has all electric bikes for about 30 grand. Not entirely noiseless, but a lot quieter than gas.

Last edited:
Research suggests "global battery shortages" to intensify -

"According to a Bank of America Global Research (BAC) report, there is a looming threat of the global battery supply for electric vehicles (EVs) running dry by as early as 2025.

The report states that BofA expects global battery shortages to intensify further in the period between 2026 to 2030..."

And that projected demand is why companies will continue to be rewarded for digging things like an "open-air pit more than 500 feet (152 m) deep" as they destroy forests. Because, you know, electric vehicles are really "green".

I am thinking about purchasing an EV or hybrid, but am wondering about the cost for the electricity. I live in the country and my electric bill is already $250/month. Have you any idea on how much it costs per KWH to charge an EV?...............................................DizzyIzzy

I am thinking about purchasing an EV or hybrid, but am wondering about the cost for the electricity. I live in the country and my electric bill is already $250/month. Have you any idea on how much it costs per KWH to charge an EV?...............................................DizzyIzzy

I really never measured mine or forgot to do it in a long time but this will depend on how much your electric company charges per Kw/h, i will be cheaper than gas for sure PLUS (and that is a big plus) you don't need to go to the gas station to fill up :r

I don't own an EV. But as I understand it, charging an standard EV requires about 30 KwH per hundred miles. You would need to multiply your KwH rate by 30 to get the cost for about a hundred miles of driving. It wouldn't be anywhere near your cost for gas!!

It all depends on the car. For example my model 3, the battery pack is 75kwh …. And the car can do about 300 miles. So 100 miles = 25kwh

New model 3 is now rated at 353 miles with full battery. The newer model S are now over 400 miles but don’t remember how many kWh are their battery packs.

So now I’m doing the math for me. My electric rate is a bit less than .08 cents plus I think delivery fee from local electric company is .10 cents, total of about .18 cents per kWh roughly. Ballpark it would cost me about 4.50 to drive 100 miles. I’m rounding capacity of my battery pack because my car is rated to about 320 miles full charge, but in my math I used 300 miles calculating possible degradation.

So in summary about 4.50 to drive 100 miles. Also, I don’t need to do oil change, tranny fluid and won’t need a brake job possibly in 150k miles or maybe more.

A friend who calculates everything and has an app to track this for him, since he bought his EV a month ago told me this past week he spent $8.43 in electricity vs estimated $25.24 in gas.

The #1 reserves for lithium is in what is call the south American triangle, slat flats,beneath the salt flats is were the raw product lies, a natural wonders and a habitats for flamingos and lyken .the people don't want it destroyed the government of Argentina sold the mineral rights to China.
How green is that,??
Prue and it's neighbor also own part of this landscape, it's call the South American lithium triangle.
So I ask you once again HOW GREEN IS THAT PROGRESS NEVER ENDS.
We move on to better technology and destroy the thing we've supposed to be protecting in the name of PROGRESS, when it suits us.
Just saying 😌.

Last edited:
Carvana has EVs and hybrids - so at least you don't 100% have to go to a dealer.
How much oil is burned at the Electricity Plant to provide the energy equivalent to charge your EV? Well you do gooders, it takes roughly 40% more fuel to burn to make the electricity to charge you EV to go the same miles using gasoline. Do if you use 14 gallons of gas for your car to go 100 miles in you gasoline powered car you would burn, at the electric plant 14 gallons of oil. So how are you reducing polution? Please explain!. Not to mention, how do they get rid of the dead batteries? Oh Yeah. They haven't figured that out yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back