1 In 5 California Early Adopters of EVs Move Back To ICE - For Convenience Reasons......

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Out here in the Southwest I can guarantee you a plentiful supply of unleaded petrol but EV charging stations are few and far between, and ones that work and actually charge to the advertised level are even fewer are farer between.

Reviews from the only Tesla L3 charging station in Gallup, NM...........

View attachment 76046

Any more recent reviews? We all know the charging network is not perfect but it is 10k times better that a couple years ago, today you can go on a long road trip across the country without much issue if you plan your route.

My point is preorders mean nothing. They can be canceled at any moment with a full refund. LOL

What is your point Mike? lol
If I also asked how many has Ford delivered then that would be an unfair question for sure. Just wait 'till Giga Texas starts production, then we can compare

Those reviews are the latest and from only 10 months ago and during pandemic when nobody was traveling no less.... You are wrong when you say you can travel cross country today without much issue. It would be an absolute nightmare out here in this part of the country. Especially if you were traveling with children. Maybe someday Varis but not today.

Any more recent reviews? We all know the charging network is not perfect but it is 10k times better that a couple years ago, today you can go on a long road trip across the country without much issue if you plan your route.

Disclosure - I am not a big "car" guy because I just think that they are a huge waste of money that could be used for other things... like good wine!

Face facts - any decent car can move you from point A to point B safely and comfortably. Most cars depreciate 40-60% in value in the first 5 years. Add to that the interest on the loan or lease, the insurance, and the maintenance, and a new 30k car can cost you 6k a year. (And don't get me wrong, I believe everyone should spend their hard earned money however they like.)

I read though this entire thread so far and haven't seen any massive and proven benefits to one propulsion system versus the other mainly because there isn't one. Pros and cons with everything. Reminds me of people when they argue whether Android or Apple phones are better; they both work great, so who cares.

Thanks for letting me add in my 2 cents. You'll have to excuse me now, I am heading out to try and find some CFL bulbs, you know, the ones the government previously subsidized me to buy because they were the future ;)

Those reviews are the latest and from only 10 months ago and during pandemic when nobody was traveling no less.... You are wrong when you say you can travel cross country today without much issue. It would be an absolute nightmare out here in this part of the country. Especially if you were traveling with children. Maybe someday Varis but not today.

I don't think I am wrong, I have friends who went from CT to CA, that is a cross-country trip in my opinion. Now, knowing the network is not perfect in some areas? I already said that.

Going back to the main focus of this thread, which is the article you originally posted, I am not tired and won't be any time soon my friend. EV is the best car I've ever owned hands down, technology is just amazing.

Almost as bad as your EV battery dying in the middle of Rt 50 on a 110 degree day.

Absolutely, there's no disputing that. One main factor though is that once you drive an EV you become more programmed with your schedule and driving needs you may have.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that vehicles are still made with suicide doors. My dad was vehemently against them, as one of my cousins opened a door while the car was moving and the wind whipped it open, destroying the door and the panel it was attached to.

From what I've read, modern design (mostly) prevents the doors from opening easily, by a variety of means.

Last edited:
I think the operative word in bstnh's post was concept. I agree, it will never be built that way!
I understand that one is a concept car. The suicide doors surprised me so I searched on "suicide door" and found Rolls-Royce and Lincoln both have current models with them, and that a lot of the double-cab trucks have them. Apparently Honda & Toyota have used them in recent years on high-end models.

I understand that one is a concept car. The suicide doors surprised me so I searched on "suicide door" and found Rolls-Royce and Lincoln both have current models with them, and that a lot of the double-cab trucks have them. Apparently Honda & Toyota have used them in recent years on high-end models.
The rear doors on my Tacoma pickup (access cab) are suicide doors. But they cannot be opened unless the front door is opened first. You'd be hard pressed to accidentally open them while the truck was moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back