1 gallon welches wine ferments out in 8 days ??

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twintrades

Reaction score
Wow i took a reading and it shocked me. The wine i started 8 days ago went from sugar to alcohol !! :sh The white is very dry and not clear yet and the red is clearer but not totally clear but sweeter.

How could i make a f- pac for this wine ?? I really dont want it to be super dry, Rather more on the sweet side. Like a moscoto type flavor.

Im racking into a secondary now. Skeeter pee here i come ! :hug

SO shoot me a line please ?

you could find a similar syrup to what you are using, that works well or u can take a can of concentrate without water added and simmer it down to a third of its original and add that. i use the syrup, sweetens and adds flavor at the same time.

Also Most wines only take about a week or two to ferment out, its the clearing that takes the most time!

Yea i didnt know it would happen that fast. Lol now i wait. Directions say to let it sit 30 days then rack into another jug and stabilize and sweeten. Then bottle right away. And age 6 months sound right ??

I started a red and a white on Sunday, 4 days ago. I did 2 to 2.5 gallons of each. The white grape and peach is at 1.020 and the white grape and raspberry is 1.030. SG for both was 1.080.

Neither is clear but I don't expect them to be at this point.

Smells darn good in our kitchen!

Yea they do smell good ! And i ruined that with some rhino fart cider. :b Needed something to be done before the 6 months it takes for the wine.

Before you go putting syrup or juices in to sweeten, make sure you stabalize the wine first. If not, it will probably take off fermenting again. When sweetening, add slowly and taste. If you get it oversweet, let us know how you get the extra sugar out. LOL, Arne. BTW, you can blend it with another wine to bring the sugar down, but that is another story.

Yea i plan on stabilizing it first then slowly adding sugar syurp. Should i just do a 1:1 can mix of each type of concentrate ? And simmer it down to 1 cup ish to sweeten with ? (kinda like an f pac)

that should work fine, and yes i forgot to mention to stabilize prior to doing so.

Latest posts

Back