1 gallon apple spice wine recipe????

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apple pie spice is generally cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger and/or cloves, don't know the ratios.
Spices and wine can be very tricky, like @Jovimaple suggested. You may have to experiment and hope for the best.

One possibility, you could put the spices in a drawstring tea bag and into secondary, test after a week or so. Add more spice or take it out depending what you think. Good luck!

I haven't tried to make a spiced apple wine yet, but I did make an outstanding spiced pumpkin wine using just 1 1/2 Tbs pumpkin pie spice in primary for my 1 gallon recipe. I also added sugar and chardonnay at 2 of the rackings, making it a sweet, spiced wine.

I made cinnamon apple wine with 1,5 inch cinnamon stick in secondary. It was a little too much too my taste. I am aging another batch of cinnamon apple and this time with only 1” cinnamon stick. I tasted it and looks like this is what I will like. I didn’t try other spices. I think it would be overwhelming

Latest posts

Back