Mosti Mondiale 1.5 grape packs

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ride0488

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new to this forum.I'm trying to get Cabernet grape packs 1.5 liters.I checked with the wine makers toy store but there out of the cabernet,but they do have the syrah grape packs.Would it hurt to put the syrah grape pack with the Cabernet juice.I'm recieving 3-fresh mosti mondiale 6-gal containers on oct.2.
Geore said he would get more cab packs next month.but to late for my juice.
Does anyone else carry the grape packs

Thanks
ride0488

The grape packs come from Cellar Craft. Since ther is no way George can get you the packs on time, maybe you could call them to find another distributor.

A grape pack is such a small percentage of a 23 liter batch, I don't think the syrah pack, versus the Cab grape pack, would make any significant difference in the outcome. In the USA, a varietal wine only has to contain 75% of that specific varietal, so you never know what/if was blended into that other 25%.

Besides, a Cab-sav/Syrah blend is very popular and taste. I'd use the syrah packs, myself.

The grape packs come from Cellar Craft. Since ther is no way George can get you the packs on time, maybe you could call them to find another distributor.

A grape pack is such a small percentage of a 23 liter batch, I don't think the syrah pack, versus the Cab grape pack, would make any significant difference in the outcome. In the USA, a varietal wine only has to contain 75% of that specific varietal, so you never know what/if was blended into that other 25%.

Besides, a Cab-sav/Syrah blend is very popular and taste. I'd use the syrah packs, myself.
I like the Cab/Merlot blend..

Sorry to say I bought the last one from George. I had ordered 2 but he shipped the last one and back ordered the 2nd. My plan was to use them in my Italian Juices. I already had 1 ea of the Cab and Syrah. I added the cab-pac to my cab and the syrah-pac to my Sangiovese

I have one syrah pack left; I used a cab pack on a malbec kit. Maybe we can lobby George and get him to stock Sangiovese grape packs. I could sure use a few of them on my future Italian kits. (I'd guess a Cab/sav pack will work well on a Super Tuscan.)

It is my understanding that there are only 2 pac's available..Cab and Syrah. I know since Wade has talked about it (grape skin pac's) that George has had a hard time keeping them in stock.

How do you store the grape packs and how long can you keep it unused? Are they frozen, canned, dried? I have been waiting (too long as is seems) to order a grape pack a few days prior to use.

How do you store the grape packs and how long can you keep it unused? Are they frozen, canned, dried? I have been waiting (too long as is seems) to order a grape pack a few days prior to use.
They come in sealed bag. I keep them in my fridge. They may be OK @ room temp BUT, I would call George as to the proper way to store.

When I bought mine, George said they can be stored on a shelf, without refrigeration. However, I didn't ask him for how long. IMO, storing them in a frig would make them last a lot longer.

Presumably these are the same grape packs that are included in some of the Cellar Craft kits. They are stored without refrigeration in the kit boxes. So should be good for some time (a year?) on the shelf.

Steve

Steve,My understanding in the CC kits that there are only 2 kinds? (Cab/Syrah)?

I got a grape pack from George. I have never seen one of these. It looks like its just full of mold. I dont know if these spots are seeds or mold or what?

Can someone please explain what these are supposed to look like?

Thanks,

Joel

Joel, I have never used a grape pack that didnt come in a kit but I know Tom has. They are the same I believe as what comes in a Cellar Craft kit. We want pics!!!!!!

I got a grape pack from George. I have never seen one of these. It looks like its just full of mold. I dont know if these spots are seeds or mold or what?

Thanks,

Joel

When in doubt, throw it out.

I this a Mosti Mondiale kit?

Thanks,

Joel
Have you opened it? Does it smell? You may be looking @ seeds and skins. Call George and see what he says.

Its a cellar craft grape pack...

I havn't opened it yet Tom. I will call George tommorrow. I'll let you know what he says....

ll I have used both pacs. Make sure you add the powder and have fum putting the contents in the mesh bag. SUPER thick and loaded with sweetness and flavor.

Latest posts

Back