1/2 a Glass of Wine a Day Boosts Life Expectancy by 5 yrs!

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The "Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health" recently released a study finding that half a glass of wine each day can boost life expectancy by 5 years! The study followed men from 1960 to 2000 and monitored every aspect of their health, daily habits, etc. Those who drank a moderate amount of wine a day lived an average of 2.5 years longer than those who drank beer and spirits and 5 years longer than those who didn't drink any alcohol. "Drinking wine was strongly associated with a lower risk of dying from coronary heart disease, cerebrovascular disease, and death from all causes."

I'll drink to that!

Well I drink alot more that 1/2 a glass. Does that mean if I drinkTWO glasses I can live 20 years more? LOL! :h

I think I negated that effect by what I drank and smoked and snorted when I was younger!

Yes that is true , because i have also read that in wikipedia.org if i m not forgetting, wine is much good and better than anyother drinks, It also benifits ur body in many ways as our mate told that it also protect us from some kinds of disease too :D

how much longer will someone live if they drink a whole bottle a day, lol.

from what I have heard it is the anti-oxidants in the wine that helps increase your life expecancy. You can get the same results by drinking grape juice, but what the fun in that?, lol

"how much longer will someone live if they drink a whole bottle a day, lol"
If that were true Keystone some of these folks would live to be 150 years old lol.:D

Red grapes and muscadines contain a substance called resveratrol that is the key ingredient for your health. Muscadines contain upwards of 20 times the amount that grapes have.

I have to agree with Wade E. The only thing that is going to help me live longer is the big Guy up above.
But I do have a problem with a glass a day. It's a shame to let that bottle sit for four or five days before you can wash it out to reuse it.

I've read more on this research. They've kind of debunked this 'claim' because what they found was that the people who drank in moderation...did most things in moderation. They didn't overeat, didn't eat tons of greasy fried foods, and got a moderate amount of exercise in per week.

Their lifestyle of moderation led to a longer lifespan.

Rats! Way to burst the bubble Malkore!! Wine in moderation has been shown to improve your health by several studies. Good for the blood. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Moderates

Just don't get those moderate people - how boring they must be :)

"if it's worth doing, it's worth doing to excess"

Busted

:b :b :b :b

If that were true Keystone some of these folks would live to be 150 years old lol.

Really nice I m bursting out of Joy. :) hahahahaha

Wine in moderation has been shown to improve your health by several studies. Good for the blood. That is my excuse and I am sticking to it.

Yes that is a good excuise , I think we all live on excuises as I do something I also have excuise for that work. :D ::

Really nice Hahahahaha :r

Latest posts

Back