“We are moving Alabama with the times," gov says after signing wine delivery bill... :D

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meanwhile out in the Southwest as of 6/29/21 ...........

"Residents of New Mexico 21 and older may cultivate up to six (6) mature cannabis plants and six (6) immature cannabis plants per person; provided that despite a household having multiple residents, no more than twelve (12) mature cannabis plants may be present in one household."

You can get 6 years in Tennessee for possession of ONE marijuana plant. I looked that up after I found one that one of my neighbors had planted one in my pasture.

And then..........

"A Permittee may ship:
(1) not more than two nine-liter cases of wine monthly to a New Mexico resident who is twenty-one years of age or older for the recipient's personal consumption or use, but not for resale."

And then..........

"A Permittee may ship:
(1) not more than two nine-liter cases of wine monthly to a New Mexico resident who is twenty-one years of age or older for the recipient's personal consumption or use, but not for resale."

It is one case per month, max of three per year from a single vendor, in TN.

That's why it was immediately bush-hogged under when I saw it while mowing pasture. That really pissed me off, that the neighbor would put that on me. Fortunately, foreclosure took care of that problem.
😁 you do know what kind of bird don't fly don't you,,,, a JAIL BIRD😁
Dawg

Well, since we are talking about stupid morality laws, Here is one that used to be in effect in Alabama. I don't know if it still is. If you were in a club and you wanted to move to another table, you were required by law to have a waiter/waitress move your drink. You could not move it yourself. I don't know why but that is the way it was!

Well, since we are talking about stupid morality laws, Here is one that used to be in effect in Alabama. I don't know if it still is. If you were in a club and you wanted to move to another table, you were required by law to have a waiter/waitress move your drink. You could not move it yourself. I don't know why but that is the way it was!
in Arkansas most back up in the hills ,,watering holes.... beer comes in plastic cups or aluminum cans
Dawg,,, 👺👺,....

Reasonably Tax any alcohol or Weed and be done with it. Booze, beer and wine, and weed shouldn't carry large fines or jail sentences, and all ordinances banning it, or regulating it should be struck down. Now with that said, under the influence, laws (any kind) should stay in place. if you don't pay your taxes that's a different story. I drink wine, sometimes beer, maybe a taste of a hard liquor rarely. I don't begrudge those that take part in the other mentioned consumables it's their God-given right to do so. Ask Thomas Jefferseon.

Ahh, I see. I will admit that I needed your explanation; I was confused by the prior post.
it is sad, and yet not near as bad as when i was younger, but back up in the Ozarks there is still plenty off shoot and stabs, the old rule of thumb was once you got shot then you got stabbed,,
you ever walk in a outta the way place and people are drinking from aluminum cans and plastic glasses, Leave,,,
Dawg

Always amazed at southern Bible belts that restrict alcohol yet their leader turned water into wine at a party, probably encouraged dancing as well. I was recently inTN and was disappointed going to an Italian restaurant and couldn’t get a glass of red wine, went to a Mexican restaurant looking forward to margaritas , nope no hard liquor served, thankfully I have no reason to ever go there again

Three decades ago (wow, that’s hard to write) I lived/worked in Utah for a year. Package liquor, imported beer and wine was sold in state stores. Closed on Sundays and holidays. You could buy 3.2 Beer in convenience and other stores. It’s now sold everywhere under the name Bud Lite among others :p. You could get a mixed drink at a private club. I joined the Elks Lodge, Moose Lodge and something called the Paternal Order of the Eagles. Beautiful country but drinking was hard work. And I grew up in KY. Famous for making bourbon and being 90% dry.

Used to be that way in NH too. But somewhere along the line, it got dropped. We are now free to carry our own drinks from table to table.

Always amazed at southern Bible belts that restrict alcohol yet their leader turned water into wine at a party, probably encouraged dancing as well. I was recently inTN and was disappointed going to an Italian restaurant and couldn’t get a glass of red wine, went to a Mexican restaurant looking forward to margaritas , nope no hard liquor served, thankfully I have no reason to ever go there again
first,, Jesus was and is our spatial guide, where as man is the maker of our laws of the land, it has been about 5 years since going to the line to get alcohol went from about 50 miles one way, to 10 miles one way, yet it is still a felony to send or ship any potable alcohol in my county,
Dawg

I have heard that long ago, the only town in Alabama that you could get draft beer was Huntsville. The reason was because of the German poulation there. Remember, that is where so many Germans were brought there after WWII due to the space industry growing there. I can't imagine it being that many German scientist but they had an influence. I worked in Huntsville a good bit in the late 60's, early 70's and enjoyed draft beer then and no where else in Bama.

I have heard that long ago, the only town in Alabama that you could get draft beer was Huntsville. The reason was because of the German poulation there. Remember, that is where so many Germans were brought there after WWII due to the space industry growing there. I can't imagine it being that many German scientist but they had an influence. I worked in Huntsville a good bit in the late 60's, early 70's and enjoyed draft beer then and no where else in Bama.
um, now mind you,, i only heard this, COUGH, GRUNT, COUGH,,, their was not much need in bamy fur much draft beer, due to the excellent quality of their shine, their weed, and of course their wines, COUGH, or so i heard of a legend like that decades ago,,, :i
Dawg

Latest posts

Back