Other Tweeking Cheap Kits

Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum

Help Support Winemaking Talk - Winemaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3Table spoons of beans whole and then one Tlb. Spoon ground course.
With this I also added 4 cups of Vodka soaked in Hungarian dark roast chips.with Tlb spoon of pure Cocoa.

3Table spoons of beans whole and then one Tlb. Spoon ground course.
With this I also added 4 cups of Vodka soaked in Hungarian dark roast chips.with Tlb spoon of pure Cocoa.
Also bulk stored 7 weeks.

Are we having fun yet? I'll start to post pics on all 4 thread's tomorrow.
My computer is back in full force.

As far as using coffee I myself only use instant coffee it blends in better with the base, but hay if Bean work thats cool.

As far as using coffee I myself only use instant coffee it blends in better with the base, but hay if Bean work thats cool.
Instant sounds cool. I could taste the particular coffee bean used.
I really like coffee and its difference.
In coffee kinds it's very much like wine differences.
So it seemed like a good parallel taste and smell to experiment with... so far it is a hoot.
Any input is always appreciated.
Thanks

If you really like coffee try making a coffee cello.
1 qt. Ball jar filled with your favorite coffee brans.
Fill the jar with either everkleer k or vokar.
Then let it sit for at least 1 month. In a pot put in all the coffee bean extraction , and enough simple syrup to sweeten to your taste ad extraction or voka as required.or if needed.chill very good anytime of the day.
Coffee cello

OK LETS SEE IF THIS WORKS,,TWEAKING CHEAP WINE KITS,,WHICH ONES HAVE YOU DONE???

Attachments

• 2 kit box.jpg
    2 kit box.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 24
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20160112_182138197_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160112_182138197_HDR.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 24
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 27
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 23
  • 1 vino italiano super tuscan (2) - Copy.jpg
    1 vino italiano super tuscan (2) - Copy.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 18
FONTANA MALBEC......FOLLOW THE FLOW....................DON'T BE AFRAID TO EXPERIMENT..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 44
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20180219_120054542.jpg
    IMG_20180219_120054542.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 34
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 36
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 38
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 29
PHASE 2 FONTANA MALBEC....................

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20180219_120054542.jpg
    IMG_20180219_120054542.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 28
So I read this thread, all 1291 posts, over the course of multiple days and I have really enjoyed it. I'm getting close to moving my very first attempt at home winemaking, a Fontana Merlot, into the secondary. I'm hesitant to tweek my first attempt, but I want to make sure I get a nice wine. I did lower my initial volume to 5.5 gallons and I added a half cup of oak chips, that's all of the tweeking I've done so far. I'm interested in putting either some blueberries or raspberries in secondary and was wondering if you guys have a preference for either of those as far as ease of use, or are they both about the same? As far as I can tell both have been used with Merlot.

Hi Scott and that's for reading Tweeking Cheap Wine Kits.
Yes there's a lot of reading and good pics. To show and tell.
Merlot is especially good with blackberries they add a deep earthy tones ,/Rasspberries only about 1lb.per 5/6 gallon volume.in the primary, remember less is more when it comes to fpac.keep is informed.jp

Let me tell you this way, when ever you use a fruit fpac such as peach in a white wine be ready to let lit sit in the secondary for 1week, then add your clairfier, (that means you'll need a separate package of clairfier) this is important for the final application of chems.
On the other hand wit inh berries , currents and dark fruit it's heaver and drops outs quicker on it's own

Make sense? Adding a lb is my standard, have you read my thread entitled ( the partnership of blending)

Let me tell you this way, when ever you use a fruit fpac such as peach in a white wine be ready to let lit sit in the secondary for 1week, then add your clairfier, (that means you'll need a separate package of clairfier) this is important for the final application of chems.
On the other hand wit inh berries , currents and dark fruit it's heaver and drops outs quicker on it's own

Make sense? Adding a lb is my standard, have you read my thread entitled ( the partnership of blending)
Thanks Joe! I'll go take a look at the other thread. I haven't gotten to that one yet!

I've done the Pino Blueberry, Chardonany (with too much grapefruit zest!), and done the Malbec at least 4 times as it has become our house wine. Just finished a WE Selection Malbec with skins and it is very good even very young.... I wonder if it's going to be 3 times better than the Fontana and justify the cost difference.

I get another Malbec kit just about every time I get enough points on my Amazon credit card....free wine is really good!!

You can use frozen fruit however fresh is best and if you make enough vacuum seal a batch for the winters kit making.
Frozen fruit sometimes crystalizedc and to much water now in the process.
Got it? Take time to do some research and planning when the fresh is in.

Latest posts

Back